Heal in India and Heal by India is a new portal which is likely to be announced by the Prime Minister on August 15 2022 that aims to give impetus to medical tourism.
So Let’s Understand What is Heal in India
- Heal in India is a new initiative developed under Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission in which there will be health care professionals , hospital services to help patients seeking medical help in India. With this type of Initiatives Government aims at promoting Medical Tourism in India via Heal in India Portal.
- Through it’s another Programme called Heal by India Government aims to encourage Indian Health care Workers to go abroad and serve patients globally.
- Under this portal foreigners or those seeking medical help will be able to locate the list of hospitals in the country available to provide their choice of medical treatments.
- The portal will also provide details about the treatment package cost. One can also apply visas for the same platform.
- Hospitals and Visa offices will get in touch with the patients once they receive the request through the online platform.
- India has best hospitals, highly skilled doctors and affordable treatment options. So India is focusing on medical tourism.
- It’s a one stop solution for all medical issues for tourists planning to visit India. Prime Minister Narendra Modi is likely to announce this initiative on August 15 and the Health Ministry is putting finishing touches to its various aspects and measures of ease for patients.
What does Heal in India Initiative Include?
- Health Ministry has recognized 42 allied healthcare services that are eligible to use the portal and apply for jobs abroad
- The 10 identified airports — Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru, Kolkata, Visakhapatnam, Kochi, Ahmedabad, Hyderabad and Guwahati
- In a bid to boost medical travel and provide end-to-end patient journey facilitation, the government will deploy language interpreters and set up health desks at the 10 identified airports for queries related to medical travel, transport, boarding and lodging among others.
- The ‘Heal in India’ initiative aims to positioning the country as a global hub for medical and wellness tourism.
- The portal will display standardized package rates based on the classification of hospitals and different systems of medicines including modern and traditional systems. It will also have a grievance redressal section as well as an option to submit patient feedback.
Tourism in India
The tourism industry is has emerged as one of the fastest-growing industries in the world and economically important for rapid growth for India. There are various types of tourism branches in Incredible India, The Ministry of Tourism has identified 10 niche products for development, promotion, to attract tourists with specific interest and India as a 365 Days tourist destination.
- Cruise Tourism
- Cruises are one of the most dynamic and fastest-growing components of the leisure industry in India. Cruises tourism is the new marketable product for India to explore the beautiful coastline, undisturbed idyllic islands, and virgin forests.
- The coastline and inland waterways of India has the potential to develop cruise or boathouse tourism. The 8 tourist Cruise circuits in India will include Ocean Cruise, River Cruise, and Lake Cruise.
- Adventure Tourism
- Adventure tourism includes mountaineering, trekking, hand gliding, paragliding, bungee jumping, and white water river rafting. The Ministry of Tourism has identified a list of places in India for thrilling and extreme adventure sports, mostly in Gulmarg, Jammu & Kashmir, Rishikesh Uttarakhand, Goa, and Maharashtra.
- Medical Tourism
- Medical Tourism or medical travel is used for the procedures of complex specialized surgeries of the human parts such as joint replacement cardiac surgery, dental surgery, and cosmetic surgeries.
- Wellness Tourism
- Wellness Tourism includes travel for a less stressful lifestyle, promoting a healthier, and finding balance in one’s life. Ayurveda, Yoga, meditation, Panchakarma, Rejuvenation Therapy are among the most ancient systems of medical treatment in India and the best way to promote Wellness Tourism.
- Eco-Tourism also is known as ecological tourism is responsible for travel to fragile, pristine and usually protected areas. It will include regulated tourism in protected areas of the country.
- Film Tourism
- In an endeavor to establish India as a filming destination, the Ministry of Tourism will promote the Cinema of India as a sub-brand of Incredible India. International Film Festivals like IFFI Goa, European Film Market, Cannes Film festival will be held in India in the future.
- Sustainable Tourism
- Sustainable Tourism includes approval and classification of hotels to the expected standards for different classes of tourists. This system will rate hotels from one star to five star and Heritage and Classic etc.
- Meetings Incentives Conferences Exhibitions (MICE)
- Conventions and Conferences are segments of the tourism industry. IIn order to promote India more effectively as a convention destination for the travel industry, the Ministry of Tourism set up the India Convention Promotion Bureau.
- Golf Tourism
- India has several golf courses of international standards and as the sports tourism in India is gaining interest, Ministry of Tourism is creating a comprehensive and coordinated framework for promoting golf tourism in India.
10. Polo Tourism
- The game of Polo is originated in India and still preserved and practiced in Kolkata Polo Club, the oldest Polo club in the world. Polo can be listed as Heritage Sports of India.
Medical Tourism in India
- Medical tourism is a term used to describe the rapidly-growing practice of travelling across international borders to seek healthcare services. Services typically sought by travelers include elective procedures as well as complex surgeries, etc.
- Most of the doctors and surgeons at Indian hospitals are trained or have worked at some of the medical institutions in the US, Europe, or other developed nations.
- Top -of-the-line medical and diagnostic equipment from global international conglomerates is available at many Indian hospitals. Indian nurses are among the best in the world.
- Nearly 1000 recognized nurses-training centers in India, mostly attached to teaching hospitals, graduate nearly 10,000 nurses annually. Even the most budget-conscious traveler can afford first-rate service and luxury amenities.
- Insurance is another very large opportunity. Indian insurers should actively pursue the opportunity for selling Indian health insurance to foreigners. This could potentially generate additional $9 billion in premium and patient inflow to India.
- Another opportunity in cross border telemedicine. India has already become the call center for the world given its advantage in skill and cost. It could similarly become the Telehealth center of the world, healing people in India and through India.
Indian medical tourism index
- According to the Medical Tourism Index 2020-21 by the Medical Tourism Association, India is currently at the 10th position out of the top 46 countries, 12th in world’s top 20 wellness tourism markets, and fifth out of 10 wellness tourism markets in the Asia-Pacific region, the statement said.
- The treatment costs in India are 65 to 90 percent less than the cost of treatment in America, it said. In India, there are 39 Joint Commission International and 657 National Accreditation Board for Hospitals accredited hospitals, which is equal to or better than Global Quality Standards and benchmarks.