General Insurance

SBI General

SBI General Insurance Company Limited is a joint venture between the State Bank of India and Insurance Australia Group (IAG). SBI owns 74% of the total capital and IAG the remaining 26%.The Company follows a robust multi-distribution model encompassing Bancassurance, Agency, Broking & Retail Direct Channels. The current policy offering of SBI General covers Motor, Health, Personal Accident, Travel & Home Insurance for Individuals and Fire, Marine, Package, Construction & Engineering, Liability, Group Health, Group Personal Accident & Miscellaneous Insurance for Businesses.

 
2604.48 Cr
Premium collected last year
2.05 %
Market share
54.06 %
Claims settlement ratio

 

Q-o-Q growth of Premium collected: 26.3 %

 

Insurance Offering

 
 
Motor :
 
Travel :
 
Home :
 
Personal Accident :
 

Awards & Recognition

 
  • "Marketing Initiative of the Year" title at the 5th edition of the India Insurance Awards 2015.
  • Awarded Best General Insurance Company in the award category "Under-Served Market Penetration" and "Commercial Lines Growth Leadership." at Indian Insurance Awards, 2016- Fintelekt
  • Runners up in Data Quality Asia Pacific Award 2013 during Data Congress held at Melbourne, Australia in March 2014 conducted by The International Association for Information and Data Quality (IAIDQ), a professional society of experts interested in promoting information and data quality.
  • Insurance Information Bureau (IIB), an independent body promoted by IRDA announced Data quality results for FY 13. The company had highest scores on Fire and Motor data in the industry.
  • Awarded Technology Maturity General Insurance Award for FY13 organised by Fintelekt, a media group focused on banking and insurance.