Published : 20 July 2023
By : Sachin Gupta
After the special pre-opening session, Jio Financial Services is valued at Rs.261.85 rupees per share, while Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL) shares have been found to be worth Rs.2,580 ex-JFSL.
If your name appears in the company's records as of July 20th, you will receive one share of JFS for each share of Reliance Industries that you currently own.
Following the demerger, JFSL will have 635.32 crores outstanding shares, making the company's total market capitalization Rs 1.66 lakh crore.
● At the close of business on July 19, all RIL shareholders will be entitled to receive JFSL shares in a 1:1 ratio. You will receive 100 JFSL shares if, for instance, you own 100 RIL shares. However, until JFSL shares are listed on stock exchanges, you cannot trade them.
● The upcoming AGM of Reliance is expected to announce the listing date, which could occur in the following two to three months.
● The benchmark Nifty50 index will include JFSL at the constant price determined today. ● At the close of the JFSL listing date plus three business days, JFSL will be removed from all NSE and BSE indices at the price of the most recent transaction.
● Because the growth and expansion of the financial services industry would necessitate a differentiated strategy matched to its industry-specific risks, market dynamics, and growth trajectory, the Ambani family made the decision to spin-off JFSL into a separate entity.
● Additionally, compared to RIL, the demerger will give JFSL access to greater leverage for growth. It is viewed as a value-unlocking process for shareholders.