5 PSU stocks to watch out for on June 23

5 PSU stocks to watch out for on June 23

by 5paisa Research Team Last Updated: Dec 15, 2022 - 08:08 pm 24.5k Views

S&P BSE PSU has outperformed the benchmark Sensex on YTD shedding 5.33% compared to Sensex which has lost 11.49%. It has also given some of the multibaggers of the year – CPCL and MRPL and which have risen 194.5% and 93% on YTD respectively.

Let us see which stocks in the PSU sector investors should keep an eye on.

State Bank of India(SBI) is gearing up to take on the combined strength of HDFC & HDFC Bank. SBI is the largest home loan provider in the country. "Our home loan market share stands at 35.3%; we are very mindful of the HDFC-HDFC Bank merger and are taking necessary steps to counter the emerging competition," Dinesh Khara said at the bank’s 67th AGM. At the time of writing shares of SBI were quoting at Rs 454.25 per share with a gain of 1.47% over its previous close.

Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd (BPCL) announced on June 22 that it has received approval from the Ministry of Corporate Affairs for a merger of Bharat Oman Refineries with itself. The scheme of amalgamation will be made effective both by filing a copy of the order of the ministry with the jurisdictional registrar of companies. At 10.10 am, the shares of BPCL are quoting at Rs 308.70, up by 0.93% or Rs 2.85 per share.

Coal India Its subsidiary South Eastern Coalfields Limited (SECL) has signed an MoU with the Madhya Pradesh Power Generation Company Limited (MPPGCL) to develop a 660 MW thermal power unit at an investment of Rs 4,665 crore in an announcement made by the company on June 22.

At 10.10 am, the shares of Coal India are quoting at Rs 180.75, up by 0.84% or Rs 1.50 per share.

GAIL (India): GAIL (India) Limited plans to enter into distributed liquefied natural gas (LNG) production with the vision to cater for the demand from off-grid locations and the transport sector. In the morning session, the shares of Gail India are trading at 1272.90, a gain of 0.15% over its previous close.

Oil and Natural Gas Company Ltd(ONGC) is planning to auction gas from its coal bed methane (CBM) block in Jharkhand at a crude-linked reserve price that’s higher than USD 17 per mmBtu at current oil rates. The w-auction to be conducted on July 20 is for the sale of 0.20 million metric standard cubic meters per day (mmscmd) of CBM gas. ONGC owns the majority interest ( 80%) in the CBM block along with Indian Oil which holds the remaining interest of 20%.

 In the morning session, the shares of ONGC are trading at Rs 135.05 a gain of 0.11% over its previous close.

Share Market Today

How do you rate this article?


Start Investing in 5 mins*

Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage

About the Author

Our research team is composed of some highly qualified research professionals, their expertise range across sectors.


Investment/Trading in securities Market is subject to market risk, past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. The risk of loss in trading and investment in Securities markets including Equites and Derivatives can be substantial.
Open Free Demat Account
Resend OTP
Please Enter OTP
Account belongs to

By proceeding, you agree to the T&C.

Latest News
Plaza Wires IPO Anchor Allocation at 28.06%

About the Plaza Wires IPO Plaza Wir

  • Sep 29, 2023
Master Components IPO Opens Flat, Closes Flat

Flat listing for Master Components IPO, closes flat too

  • Sep 29, 2023
Emami Acquires 26% Stake in Axiom Ayurveda, Enters Health Juice Segment

On 29-sep-2023, Emami Ltd., a prominent Indian FMCG company, made an exciting foray into the health juice category by acquiring a 26% stake in Axiom Ayurveda Pvt Ltd, the firm behind the popular AloFrut brand of beverages.

  • Sep 29, 2023