Adani Power Q1 Results FY2024, Profit at Rs. 8,759.42 Crores
On 3rd August 2023, Adani Power announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2023.
Adani Power Financial Highlights:
- Consolidated total revenue increased by 16.8% to Rs. 18,109 crore in the first quarter of FY24 compared to Rs. 15,509 crore in the same period of FY23, primarily as a result of greater one-time revenue recognition for regulatory claims and Late Payment Surcharge and stronger volumes.
- Consolidated EBITDA increased by 41.5% in Q1 FY24 to Rs. 10,618 billion from Rs. 7,506 billion in Q1 FY23, primarily as a result of higher one-time revenue recognition and the additional contribution of the Godda power plant.
- Consolidated PAT increased by 83.3% in Q1 FY24 to Rs. 8,759.42 crore from Rs. 4,779.86 crore in Q1 FY23.
Adani Power Business Highlights:
- APL achieved an average consolidated Plant Load Factor ["PLF"] of 60.1% and sales of 17.5 Billion Units ["BU"] on an installed capacity of 15,250 MW during the quarter that ended on June 30, 2023, as opposed to a consolidated PLF of 58.6% and sales volume of 16.3 BU on an installed capacity of 13,650 MW during the previous quarter.
- After commissioning of the 1,600 MW Godda Ultra-Supercritical Power Plant, which provides cross-border power to Bangladesh, installed capacity increases from 13,650 MW as of June 30, 2022 to 15,250 MW as of June 30, 2023.
- Power plants in Udupi, Raipur, Raigarh, and Mahan saw a rise in PLF during the quarter, while those in Mundra, Tiroda, and Kawai saw a decrease due to variable weather conditions that caused DISCOMs to back off.
- Sales volumes for Q1 FY 2023–24 increased as a result of the 1,600 MW Godda Ultra–Supercritical Thermal Power Plant's ["USCTPP"] expanded generation capacity.
Commenting on the quarterly results of the Company, Mr. S B Khyalia, CEO, Adani Power Limited, said, "Adani Power has increased its lead among IPPs with commissioning of the 1,600 MW Godda USCTPP and entered a new era of transnational power sales. We are proud to support Bangladesh in enhancing the means available to its high-potential economy for fulfilling aspirations of its hard-working and enterprising population. As India’s leading private power producer, we stand committed to upholding our pledge to help the nation achieve its climate goals by adopting the latest, resource efficient technologies such as Ultra-supercritical power plants incorporating emission control equipment, and exploring reduction of our carbon footprint through innovative solutions. With satisfactory resolution of virtually all regulatory matters, the Company’s revenues and cash flows have now entered a stable phase.”
Share Market Today
|Indices Name||Price||Price Change (% change)|
|S&P ASX 200||7025.40||-2.4 (-0.03%)|
|CAC 40||7116.24||44.45 (0.63%)|
|Dow Jones||33666.34||0 (0%)|
|FTSE 100||7601.85||8.63 (0.11%)|
|Hang Seng||17364.31||-218.54 (-1.24%)|
|US Tech 100||13206.28||0 (0%)|
|Nikkei 225||31872.52||-499.38 (-1.54%)|
|S&P 500||4299.70||0 (0%)|
|Gift Nifty||19657.00||-2 (-0.01%)|
|Shanghai Composite||3110.48||3.16 (0.1%)|
|Taiwan Weighted||16353.74||43.38 (0.27%)|
|US 30||33692.90||5.4 (0.02%)|
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Premium listing for Hi-Green Carbon IPO, then hits upper circuit
- Sep 28, 2023
Premium listing for Marco Cables & Conductors Ltd, then hits upper circuit
- Sep 28, 2023
Yatra Online IPO had a face value of ₹1 per share and the book built IPO was priced in the range of ₹135 to ₹142. The IPO of Yatra Online Ltd combined a fresh issue and an offer for sale (OFS).
- Sep 28, 2023