Amara Raja Shares Rebound with Marquee Funds' 7% Stake Buy

Amara Raja Shares Rebound with Marquee Funds 7% Stake Buy
Amara Raja Shares Rebound with Marquee Funds 7% Stake Buy

by Tanushree Jaiswal Last Updated: Jul 19, 2023 - 05:41 pm 335 Views

Amara Raja Batteries Limited witnessed 1.6%  increase in its share price, trading at ₹652 on July 19. This surge followed a significant transaction on the National Stock Exchange (NSE) where four lakh shares were exchanged, with six investors collectively acquiring a 7% stake in the company at an average price of ₹652.

According to bulk deal data, the investors involved in this acquisition are Nippon India Mutual Fund, Tata AIA Life Insurance Company, Kotak Mahindra Mutual Fund, BNP Paribas Arbitrage, Pinebridge India EqFund, Pinebridge Investments Asia Limited A/C PB Global Funds, and Societe Generale. 

This development holds significance as Clarios ARBL Holdings recently sold its entire stake in Amara Raja Batteries through bulk deals on July 18, divesting 2.4 crore shares, which accounted for approximately 14% of the company's stake. Consequently, the news caused  6% decline in Amara Raja share price on the previous day.

Shareholding data reveals that Amara Raja Batteries is predominantly owned by public shareholders, holding a 72% stake, while the remaining 28% is owned by the promoters. Among the public shareholders, mutual funds possess more than 2% stake in the company.

Amara Raja Batteries, a prominent manufacturer of lead-acid batteries in the Indian storage battery industry, offers a wide range of products catering to industrial and automotive applications. 

Amara Raja Batteries serves a wide range of clients, including prominent telecom service providers, manufacturers of telecom equipment, players in the UPS sector, Indian Railways, and companies operating in the power, oil, and gas industries.

In its financial report for the March quarter, the company recorded a revenue of 
₹2,429 crore, indicating a 10% year-on-year growth from ₹2,197 crore reported in the corresponding period of the previous year.

Share Market Today

How do you rate this article?


Start Investing in 5 mins*

Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage

About the Author

Tanushree is a seasoned professional with 6 years of experience in the Fintech and Edtech industry.


Investment/Trading in securities Market is subject to market risk, past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. The risk of loss in trading and investment in Securities markets including Equites and Derivatives can be substantial.
Open Free Demat Account
Resend OTP
Please Enter OTP
Account belongs to

By proceeding, you agree to the T&C.

Latest News
What you must know Oneclick Logistics India IPO?

Oneclick Logistics India Ltd was incorporated in the year 2017 as an integrated logistics solutions provider. Oneclick Logistics India Ltd offers a single-window solution across the logistics services value chain.

  • Sep 26, 2023
What you must know Vinyas Innovative Technologies IPO?

Vinyas Innovative Technologies Ltd was incorporated in 2001, and provides design, engineering, and electronics manufacturing services catering services.

  • Sep 26, 2023
Fortis Healthcare to Acquire 100% Stake in Artistery Properties for ₹ 32 Crore

Fortis Healthcare share price trading high in morning on September 26th as the company's board of directors approved a significant proposal. The proposal entails the acquisition of Kolkata-based Artistery Properties at an enterprise value of ₹32 crores.

  • Sep 26, 2023