Auto Sales In September 2023
Automakers had a mixed month as India geared up for the festive season. Maruti Suzuki, the country's biggest carmaker, saw growth in overall sales compared to last year, but it didn't meet the expectations of market analysts. Here's a quick rundown of how other auto companies like Tata Motors, Mahindra & Mahindra, Hero MotoCorp, TVS Motor Company, and Eicher Motors performed in the past month.
Bajaj Auto Sales Highlights (YoY)
• Bajaj Auto's two-wheeler dispatches to dealerships fell by 6% YoY to 3,27,712 units in September.
• Total sales for Bajaj Auto decreased by 1%, totaling 3,92,558 units.
• Domestic two-wheeler sales declined by 9% to 2,02,510 units.
• Exports of two-wheelers remained flat at 1,25,202 units.
• Sales of commercial vehicles surged by 40% to 64,846 units during the same period.
Escorts Kubota Sales Highlights (YoY)
• Escorts Kubota Ltd. experienced an 11% decrease in sales, with 10,861 units sold.
• Domestic sales declined by 11.2%, totaling 10,114 units.
• Exports also fell by 11.9%, amounting to 747 units.
Ashok Leyland Sales Highlights (YoY)
• Ashok Leyland Ltd. saw a 9% increase in total deliveries to dealerships in September compared to the previous year.
• Medium and heavy commercial vehicle (M&HCV) sales surged by 13%, reaching 12,752 units.
• Light commercial vehicle sales also grew, by 3%, totaling 6,450 units.
• Domestic sales were up by 10%, reaching 18,193 units in September.
Hero MotoCorp Sales Highlights (YoY)
• Total two-wheeler dispatches to dealerships increased by 3.2% to 536,499 units.
• Hero MotoCorp sales went up by 3% to 494,270 units.
• Scooter sales saw a 6% rise, reaching 42,229 units.
• Domestic sales grew by 2.4% to 519,789 units.
• Exports surged by 36% to 16,710 units.
TVS Motor Sales Highlights (YoY)
• In September, TVS Motor Co Ltd. delivered 3.62 lakh two-wheelers to dealers, marking a 7% increase compared to the previous year.
• Sold 20,356 units of iQube electric scooters, as compared to 4,923 units sold in the same month last year.
• Total sales for the month increased by 6% to reach 4.03 lakh units.
• In the domestic market, two-wheeler sales went up by 6% to 3 lakh units.
• Overseas, two-wheeler exports grew by 11% to reach 86,462 units.
• However, the company experienced a decline in three-wheeler sales, which fell by 15% to 15,598 units.
Tata Motors Sales Highlights (YoY)
• Tata Motors total dispatches to dealerships increased by 2% to 82,023 units.
• Commercial vehicle sales saw a strong growth of 12%, reaching 39,064 units.
• Heavy commercial vehicle sales surged by an impressive 45%, totaling 12,867 units.
• Passenger vehicle sales, saw 5% decline, with 45,317 units sold.
• On a positive note, electric passenger vehicle sales showed remarkable growth, surging by 57% to reach 6,050 units.
Eicher Motors Sales Highlights (YoY)
• Eicher Motors Ltd.'s total motorcycle sales dropped by 4% in September, totaling 78,580 units.
• Sales of models with engine capacity up to 350cc declined by 5%, reaching 70,345 units.
• However, sales of models with engine capacity exceeding 350cc increased by 4%, totaling 8,235 units.
• Exports fell sharply by 49% to 4,319 units.
Maruti Suzuki Sales Highlights (YoY)
• Maruti Suzuki India Ltd.'s overall shipments to dealers increased by 3% compared to the previous year, reaching 181,343 units.
• The boost was primarily driven by 82% rise in utility vehicle sales, with 59,271 units sold.
• However, sales in the mini and compact car segments declined by 22.5%, totaling 78,903 units.
• Domestic sales, rose 2.5% reaching 1,58,832 units.
• Exports rose by 5% to 22,511 units compared to the same period last year.
Hyundai Motor Sales Highlights (YoY)
• Hyundai Motor India achieved its highest-ever monthly sales with a 13% year-on-year increase in passenger vehicle deliveries to dealerships, reaching 71,641 units.
• Domestic sales rose by 9% to reach 54,241 units.
• Exports recorded an impressive 29% growth, totaling 17,400 units.
M&M Sales Highlights (YoY)
• Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd.'s passenger vehicle sales jumped by 20% compared to the previous year, reaching 41,267 units. This marks the third consecutive month of the company achieving its highest-ever monthly sales for passenger vehicles.
• Sales of medium-duty light commercial vehicles also saw growth, increasing by 15% to 18,917 units.
• Three-wheeler sales rose by 37% to reach 7,921 units.
• On the downside, tractor sales fell by 11% to a total of 43,210 units.
• Tractor exports also faced a decline, dropping by 27% to 1,176 units.
Share Market Today
|Indices Name||Price||Price Change (% change)|
|S&P ASX 200||7178.40||116.8 (1.65%)|
|CAC 40||7440.64||58.82 (0.8%)|
|Dow Jones||36155.26||30.7 (0.08%)|
|FTSE 100||7531.08||51.5 (0.69%)|
|Hang Seng||16474.29||172.06 (1.06%)|
|US Tech 100||14255.93||24.62 (0.17%)|
|Nikkei 225||33445.90||670.08 (2.04%)|
|S&P 500||4569.65||2.47 (0.05%)|
|Gift Nifty||21098.00||103 (0.49%)|
|Shanghai Composite||2968.93||-3.37 (-0.11%)|
|Taiwan Weighted||17360.72||32.71 (0.19%)|
|US 30||36158.90||22.9 (0.06%)|
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading in securities Market is subject to market risk, past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. The risk of loss in trading and investment in Securities markets including Equites and Derivatives can be substantial.
About the Sheetal Universal IPO She
- Dec 06, 2023Read More