Bajaj Auto Q3 Results FY2023, Reported a Highest ever EBITDA
On 25th January 2023, Bajaj Auto announced its results for the third quarter of FY2023.
- Revenue from Operations at Rs. 9,315 crores, was up 3% YoY, with robust double-digit revenue growth in the domestic business offsetting the drop in exports arising from the challenging market context. Overall spares revenue came in at an all-time high.
- The company reported the highest ever EBITDA which stood at Rs. 1777 crores, surpassing the record set in the previous quarter. The strong growth of 29% YoY, underpinned by margin expansion of +390 bps YoY to 19.1% was led by reasonable pricing, better dollar realization and a richer product mix.
- PAT stood at Rs. 1491 crores, with a growth of 23%
- The domestic business saw sustained double-digit revenue growth across two-wheelers (2W) and three-wheelers (3W). The 2W performance was buoyed particularly by solid 125 cc+ festive season sales while 3W volumes surged, leading to its record-high market share.
- On Domestic Motorcycles, industry festive demand, particularly in the top-end commuter/sports segment, was buoyant and the Company outperformed with strong growth in the segment.
- Introduced the Platina 110cc with the first-in-segment ABS feature in Dec 2022.
- On exports, macroeconomic challenges continue to subdue industry volumes across overseas geographies.
- Commercial vehicles maintained their path of recovery to pre-covid levels (now at -75%), as the quarter saw strong growth with stepped-up volumes and market share hit an all-time high across segments
- The Chetak EV business continues to steadily expand - volumes are up 5x over the previous year, the thrust on augmenting capabilities supply chai R&D and growing dealership presence (62 at Dec 2022 end vs. 35 at the end of FY22) is well underway
- The quarter marked the launch of motorcycles in Brazil with the well-recognized Dominar brand.
Share Market Today
|Indices Name||Price||Price Change (% change)|
|S&P ASX 200||7050.70||25.3 (0.36%)|
|CAC 40||7135.06||18.82 (0.26%)|
|Dow Jones||33507.50||-158.84 (-0.47%)|
|FTSE 100||7608.08||6.23 (0.08%)|
|Hang Seng||17822.58||458.27 (2.64%)|
|US Tech 100||13224.32||18.04 (0.14%)|
|Nikkei 225||31857.62||-14.9 (-0.05%)|
|S&P 500||4288.05||-11.65 (-0.27%)|
|Gift Nifty||19613.50||-43.5 (-0.22%)|
|Shanghai Composite||3110.48||3.16 (0.1%)|
|Taiwan Weighted||16353.74||43.38 (0.27%)|
|US 30||33537.50||-169.8 (-0.5%)|
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Flat listing for Master Components IPO, closes flat too
- Sep 29, 2023
On 29-sep-2023, Emami Ltd., a prominent Indian FMCG company, made an exciting foray into the health juice category by acquiring a 26% stake in Axiom Ayurveda Pvt Ltd, the firm behind the popular AloFrut brand of beverages.
- Sep 29, 2023