Cipla Q3 Results FY2023, PAT at Rs.801 crores
On 25th January 2023, Cipla announced its results for the third quarter of FY2023.
- Revenues from operations at Rs. 5810 crores
- EBITDA stood at Rs. 1408 crores
- The company reported PAT at Rs. 801 crores
- One-India business segment reported a robust double-digit traction in the core portfolio across therapies and business segments; 11% YoY ex-covid growth
- US business reported highest ever quarterly revenue of $195 Million and 30% YoY growth; Strong traction in the differentiated portfolio including market share expansion in key respiratory and peptide injectable products
- South Africa, Sub-Saharan Africa, And Global Access (SAGA) business’ supply challenges being addressed
- International Markets reported revenue impacted by currency volatility; 6% YoY ex-covid growth in INR terms
- API continued growth in emerging markets offsetting normalization in inventory levels for European customers
- R&D investments stand at Rs. 363 crores or 6.2 % of sales; Higher 39% YoY driven by ongoing clinical trials on a respiratory asset and other developmental efforts continuing including biosimilars
Commenting on the results, Umang Vohra, MD and Global CEO, Cipla Ltd, said: “Our Q3FY23 performance reflects sustained momentum in core One-India and US businesses driving our overall revenue growth of 6% reported and 11% on an excovid basis. Our One India franchise delivered strong performance across therapies and segments with double-digit market-beating growth in prescription on a covid adjusted base. We achieved the highest-ever quarterly revenue for the North American region of $195 Mn driven by the contribution of differentiated products and market share expansion in flagship respiratory and peptide franchises. Our reported operating profitability of 24.2% reflects our focused efforts on navigating external headwinds and continued higher R&D spending stemming from ongoing respiratory trials and initiation of biosimilar programs.”
Share Market Today
|Indices Name||Price||Price Change (% change)|
|S&P ASX 200||7064.30||8.1 (0.11%)|
|CAC 40||7123.88||-60.94 (-0.85%)|
|Dow Jones||33915.67||-48.17 (-0.14%)|
|FTSE 100||7623.99||-59.92 (-0.78%)|
|Hang Seng||17734.04||-344.65 (-1.91%)|
|US Tech 100||13244.59||27.78 (0.21%)|
|Nikkei 225||32678.62||276.21 (0.85%)|
|S&P 500||4325.71||5.65 (0.13%)|
|Gift Nifty||19714.00||71.5 (0.36%)|
|Shanghai Composite||3115.61||-16.82 (-0.54%)|
|Taiwan Weighted||16452.23||107.75 (0.66%)|
|US 30||33919.30||-89.7 (-0.26%)|
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
The National Stock Exchange (NSE) is considering a significant shift in its trading hours, potentially introducing extended sessions for equity derivatives.
- Sep 25, 2023
Delta Corp Ltd, a prominent gaming company, saw its stock plummet by 20% during the intraday session on the Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE), touching its 52-week low of ₹140.20.
- Sep 25, 2023
Bajaj Finance, a leading non-banking financial company (NBFC), is preparing for a fundraising endeavor, aiming to secure between $800 million to $1 billion.
- Sep 25, 2023