GATI surges 6.31% on August 3; here's why

GATI surges 6.31% on August 3; here's why

by 5paisa Research Team Last Updated: Aug 03, 2022 - 12:41 pm 20.1k Views

GATI disclosed their Q1 results yesterday after market close. 

On August 3, the market is slightly trading in red. At 12:20 pm, S&P BSE Sensex is down 0.39% from its previous close and trading at 57909. There is a lot of stock-specific action as companies deliver their Q1 FY23 results. 

GATI Ltd is one of the companies that disclosed its Q1 results yesterday after the market close. Due to a strong set of Q1 numbers, the shares of GATI Ltd are rallying hard today and are trading at Rs 156.65 with a 6.31% upside from its yesterday’s close of Rs 147.35. 

The company witnessed YOY revenue growth of 44.25% from Rs 298.78 crore in Q1 FY22 to Rs 431 crore in Q1 FY23. The Q1 profit after tax stood at Rs 6.59, as against a net loss of Rs 25.22 crore in the same quarter of last fiscal. For the June quarter, earnings per share stood at Rs 0.34. 

GATI Ltd is involved in the business of express delivery and supply chain solutions through means of road, air, airways transports, e-com logistics, freight forwarding, and warehousing. The company also operates a gas station business across India. 

The company business can be divided into 2 segments- Express Distribution and Fuel Station. For FY22, the Express distribution segment contributed 84.68% to the total revenue, while the remaining 15.32% of the revenue came from the Fuel Station segment. 

The company belongs to S&P BSE Small cap index and has a market capitalization of Rs 1993 crore. 

Talking about the shareholding pattern, the promoter owns 51.53%, FIIs and DIIs together hold 3.43%, and the remaining 45.04% stake is owned by the non-institutional investors. 

The stock has a 52-week high and low of Rs 221.75 and Rs 120, respectively. 

On August 3, the stock opened at Rs 157 and so far, at 12:20 pm, the stock has made an intraday high and low of Rs 169 and Rs 157. 

Share Market Today

How do you rate this article?


Start Investing in 5 mins*

Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage

About the Author

Our research team is composed of some highly qualified research professionals, their expertise range across sectors.


Investment/Trading in securities Market is subject to market risk, past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. The risk of loss in trading and investment in Securities markets including Equites and Derivatives can be substantial.
Open Free Demat Account
Resend OTP
Please Enter OTP
Account belongs to

By proceeding, you agree to the T&C.

Latest News
Plada Infotech Services IPO GMP (Grey Market Premium)

Plada Infotech Services Ltd is a fixed Price IPO, priced at ₹48 per share and is entirely a fresh issue offering. The ₹12.36 crore IPO of Plada Infotech Services Ltd comprises entirely of a fresh issue with no offer for sale (OFS) component.

  • Sep 27, 2023
Sharp Chucks And Machines IPO GMP (Grey Market Premium)

The IPO of Sharp Chucks And Machines Ltd comprises of a fresh issue and an offer for sale, being a fixed priced IPO priced at ₹58 per share.

  • Sep 27, 2023
Oneclick Logistics India IPO GMP (Grey Market Premium)

The ₹9.91 crore IPO of Oneclick Logistics India Ltd  comprises entirely of a fresh issue with no offer for sale (OFS) component in the IPO from promoters and early shareholders. It is a fixed price issue and the fixed price of the IPO has been set at ₹99 per share.

  • Sep 26, 2023