HDFC Bank Q4 Results FY2023, Net profit at Rs. 12,594.5 crores
On 15th April, HDFC Bank announced its results for the quarter.
- The Bank's consolidated net revenue grew by 20.3% to Rs.34,552.8 crore for the quarter ended March 31, 2023.
- The consolidated net profit for the quarter ended March 31, 2023 was Rs.12,594.5 crore, up 20.6% YoY.
- The consolidated net profit for the year ended March 31, 2023, was Rs.45,997.1 crore, up 20.9% YoY.
- Operating expenses for the quarter ended March 31, 2023 were Rs.13,462.1 crore, an increase of 32.6% YoY.
- The cost-to-income ratio for the quarter was at 42.0%.
- Pre-provision Operating Profit (PPOP) was at t 18,620.9 crore. PPOP, excluding net trading and mark-to-market income, grew by 14.4% YoY.
- The total credit cost ratio was at 0.67%, as compared to 0.96% for the quarter ending March 31, 2022.
- Total balance sheet size as of March 31, 2023 was Rs.2,466,081 crore, a growth of 19.2% YoY.
- Total Deposits showed healthy growth and were at Rs.1,883,395 crore as of March 31, 2023, an increase of 20.8% over March 31, 2022.
- CASA deposits grew by 11.3% with savings account deposits at Rs.562,493 crore and current account deposits at Rs.273,496 crore.
- Time deposits were at Rs.1,047,406 crore, an increase of 29.6% over the corresponding quarter of the previous year, resulting in CASA deposits comprising 44.4% of total deposits as of March 31, 2023.
- Total advances as of March 31, 2023, were Rs.1,600,586 crore, an increase of 16.9% over March 31, 2022.
- Gross of transfers through inter-bank participation certificates and bills rediscounted, total advances grew by 21.2% over March 31, 2022.
- Domestic retail loans grew by 20.8%, commercial and rural banking loans grew by 29.8%, and corporate and other wholesale loans grew by 12.6%.
- Overseas advances constituted 2.6% of total advances
- Gross non-performing assets were at 1.12% of gross advances as on March 31, 2023.
- Net non-performing assets were at 0.27% of net advances as on March 31, 2023.
- As of March 31, 2023, the Bank's distribution network was at 7,821 branches and 19,727 A TMs / Cash Deposit & Withdrawal Machines (CDMs) across 3,811 cities/towns.
The Board of Directors recommended a dividend of Rs.19.0 per equity share of Rs.1 for the year ended March 31, 2023
Start Investing in 5 mins*
Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Open Free Demat Account
By proceeding, you agree to the T&C.
The ₹105.14 crore IPO of Spectrum Talent Management IPO comprises entirely of a combination of a fresh issue of shares and an offer for sale (OFS) by promoters and early shareholders.
- Jun 07, 2023
IKIO Lighting IPO worth ₹607 crore comprises of an offer for sale and also of a fresh issue of shares. The offer for sale (OFS) component is by the promoters and early shareholders of the company.
- Jun 07, 2023
Sahana Systems IPO worth ₹32.74 crore comprises entirely of a fresh issue of shares by the company. The price band has been fixed in the range of ₹132 to ₹135.
- Jun 06, 2023
Fill in your details below: