This textile stock is trending today

This textile stock is trending today

by 5paisa Research Team Last Updated: Dec 29, 2022 - 12:47 pm 5.6k Views
Listen icon

The stock is trading at an all-time high price

On December 29, the market traded in the red. At 11:17 am, the Sensex is down 0.53%, trading at 60,588, while NIFTY50 is down 0.55%, trading at 18,022. Regarding sectoral performance, Telecom and Consumer Durables are the top gainers, while Power and FMCG are the top losers. Talking about stock-specific action, Jindal Worldwide Ltd is among the top gainers in BSE group ‘A’.

The shares of Jindal Worldwide Ltd surged 4% and are trading at Rs 441.3. The stock opened at Rs 420 and made an intraday high and low of Rs 444.35 and Rs 420, respectively. The stock is trading at a fresh 52-week high today.

Founded in 1986, Jindal Worldwide Ltd (Jindal) today is a diversified and integrated textile, fabric and shirting manufacturer and one of the world’s largest denim fabric manufacturers. It has a 7% market share in Indian denim fabric industry.

The company product offerings include denims, bottom weight, fabrics, premium shirtings and home textile products. The company has four manufacturing plants located in Ahmedabad, Gujarat.

As per FY22, about 62% of the total revenue came from denim business, 13% from bottom weights, 7% from premium shirting and the rest 18% from other segments. About 82% of the revenue came from international market, while the rest 18% came from the domestic market.

Jindal Worldwide is pursuing diversification through clear strategies and thus forayed into the high growth EV Industry by acquiring Earth Energy in May 2022, an EV startup. Earth Energy is a green vision initiative incorporated in 2017 that stood as one of top 20 most promising start-ups in 2020.

For the latest September quarter, on a consolidated basis, the revenue registered a YoY decline of 24.3% to Rs 4775 crore from 6305 crore. However, the net profit jumped YoY by 32% from Rs 25 crore in Q2FY22 to Rs 32.7 crore in Q2FY23.

The company has a market capitalisation of Rs 8848 crore. The stock is trading at a PE multiple of 62x.

Share Market Today

How do you rate this article?


Start Investing in 5 mins*

Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage


About the Author

Our research team is composed of some highly qualified research professionals, their expertise range across sectors.


Investment/Trading in securities Market is subject to market risk, past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. The risk of loss in trading and investment in Securities markets including Equites and Derivatives can be substantial. Also, The
Open Free Demat Account
Resend OTP
Please Enter OTP
Mobile No. belongs to

By proceeding, you agree to the T&C.

Latest News
Ambuja Cements Finalizes Sanghi Industries Acquisition for ₹5,000 Cr

Ambuja Cements has acquired Sanghi Industries Limited (SIL), marking a development in the cement industry.

Adani stocks surge 16% after US agency clears Hindenburg charges

Adani Group stocks witnessed a surge on December 6, with reports suggesting a positive turn of events for the conglomerate.

NSE Launches NIFTY50 Net Total Return (NTR) Index

NSE Indices Ltd., a subsidiary of NSE, has rolled out a new variant of the Nifty 50 index called the Nifty 50 Net Total Return (NTR) Index.