Three smallcap stocks to watch out for on February 18

Three smallcap stocks to watch out for on February 18

by 5paisa Research Team Last Updated: 2022-02-21T09:52:29+05:30

The headline indices Nifty 50 and Sensex opened flat where the Sensex was at 57,753.13 down by 138.88 points and the Nifty was at 17,270.50, down by 34.10 points.

On Friday morning, the headline indices Nifty 50 and Sensex opened flat where the Sensex was at 57,753.13 down by 138.88 points and the Nifty was at 17,270.50, down by 34.10 points.

The BSE Smallcap index was at 27,890, down by 0.29%. The top gainers of this index are NXT Digital, Repco Home, Everest Industries, Centrum Electronics, and Reliance Infrastructure. Each of these stocks was up by more than 7%. Whereas the top losers consisted of Swelect Energy, DB Realty, Vikas Lifecare, Urja Global, and GRM Overseas.

The Nifty Smallcap 100 index was trading at 10,401.20, down by 0.39%. The top five gainers of the index were Quess Corp, CSB Bank, Sunteck Realty, Balrampur Chini Mills, and Just Dial. Each of these scrips was up by 3%. On the flip side, the top five losers dragging the index were Firstsource Solutions, Sonata, EID Parry, Affle India, and Heidelberg Cement.

The following smallcap stocks recorded a fresh 52-week in today's session: Shankara Building Products, Vishnu Chemicals.

The following smallcap stocks were the top gainers with high volume today: NXT Digital, Balmer Lawrie, Shah Alloys, California Soft, IL & FS Engineering, Hotel Rugby, Crown Lifters, Univastu India, GeeCee Ventures, and Apollo Sindoori

Here are three smallcap stocks that should be on investors’ radar on 18 February 2022:

RITES Limited: RITES has entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indian Institute of Technology, Madras (IIT-M), to cooperate and explore marine infrastructure works. Under this arrangement, RITES and IIT-M will collaborate for providing engineering consultancy (design & construction supervision), enhancing technical cooperation and knowledge sharing for the development of marine infrastructure works, including navigational studies, etc. The stock was down by 0.65% at Rs 252.85 on the BSE.

CSB Bank: CSB Bank has announced the appointment of Pralay Mondal as the deputy managing director of the bank, for a period of three years. On June 8, 2021, the bank had announced the appointment of Pralay Mondal as the deputy managing director of the bank, subject to RBI's approval. CSB Bank has a strong base in Kerala along with a significant presence in Tamil Nadu, Karnataka, and Maharashtra. The stock was up by 2.73% at Rs 244.20 on the BSE.

Vascon Engineers Limited: Vascon Engineers Limited had earlier announced the execution of the Memorandum of Understanding (MoU), an extension of tenure of MoU, and execution of Share Purchase Agreement respectively. Vascon Engineers Limited (VEL) has completed the acquisition of 92% shareholding in River Shore Developers Private Limited (RSDPL) from Royal Orchid Hotels Limited (ROHL). The remaining 8% shareholding in RSDPL has been acquired by R Vasudevan, HUF, making RSDPL a subsidiary of VEL. The stock was at Rs 27 up by 2.08% on the BSE.

 

Also read: Low price stocks: These stocks are locked in the upper circuit on February 18


Start Investing in 5 mins*

Get Benefits worth 2100* | Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage

About the Author

Our research team is composed of some highly qualified research professionals, their expertise range across sectors.


Open Free Demat Account

& get benefits worth 2100*

 
Resend OTP
Please Enter OTP
  • Have Promo code?
  • Use code ACT2100
Enter Promo code

By proceeding, you agree to the T&C.

Start Investing Now!

Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins

Enter Valid Mobile Number