Legendary US investor & author William J. O'Neil did a comprehensive study of the greatest winning stocks spanning the past 125 years. He then put together a set of common characteristics to these past market leaders and coined the term CAN SLIM. Each letter stands for one of the seven chief characteristics of these greatest winning stocks
- Look for stocks with big earnings in their latest reported period. The bigger, the better. Current Quarterly Earnings
- You want to see annual earnings growth of at least 25% for each of the last 3 years. Annual Earnings Growth
- The biggest CAN SLIM winners had something NEW! New products, new services, new leadership, new price high or a new condition in the industry. New Product, Service, Management/Price High
- One of the most basic economic principles is the law of supply and demand which is most sharply demonstrated in the stock market. Supply and Demand
- True leaders are those companies showing the best earnings growth, strongest sales, superior price performance and are in LEADING industry groups. Leader or Laggard
- Mutual funds, banks, and other professional investors are the big players that drive the market. Institutional Sponsorship
- Study shows 3 out of 4 stocks follow the market's trend, so you always want to trade in sync with the market. Market Direction
Stock Evaluation gives you an unbiased instant assessment of over 4,000 listed companies. It is composed of a stock chart with pattern recognition & moving averages. It provides proprietary ratings for the stock which is based on parameters like EPS, Price Strength, Buyer Demand, Group Rank ratings. It efficiently combines key stock information, custom & CAN SLIM checklist that you need to validate your decision to buy or sell or to commit to further research.
It has multiple lists having top performing stocks under different buckets. Robo advisor list is an algorithmic list of leading growth stocks with many, if not all, of the traits of past market winners using CAN SLIM methodology. The list is filled with strong price performers so you'll find stocks that are extended past proper buy points. These stocks typically have strong fundamentals and sound base patterns. The list is evaluated & revised every friday. Additionally, it has list of Model portfolio, high dividend yielding stocks & more.
Model Portfolio is a list of stocks hand-picked by dedicated team of Research Analysts. We also provide daily & weekly update on how the positions are progressing. Following the changes to our portfolio is a great way to see our method in action, and learn how to take advantage of the powerful information available, particularly if you are new to investing in Indian growth stocks. This list is regularly updated and any adding & removing stocks is intimated with all relevant details.
Market Outlook provides daily and weekly reports on overall Indian market conditions, an evaluation of how well our India 47 and Model Portfolio lists performed versus the market, Learning articles on CAN SLIM, Sector reports, Special reports etc. This outlook helps to clarify whether the current market environment is helping or hurting growth stocks.
This feature is provided in partnership with Marketsmith India, a Research & advisory company founded by legendary US investor & author William J. O'Neil.