Mutual fund investments are becoming very popular with individual investors because of the benefits they provide. Among the many advantages, the most important factors that drive investors to mutual funds are that Investors can
- Start with any amount (as low as 500)
- Diversify across multiple stocks and other instruments like debt, gold etc.
- Start automated monthly investments (SIP)
- Invest without requiring to open DMAT account
In this mutual fund investment guide for beginners, we have selected few articles to help you learn about Mutual Funds and get started with them. We would suggest bookmarking this page so that you can read these articles at your own pace.
1. INTRODUCTION TO MUTUAL FUNDS
If you already know about mutual funds and different types of mutual funds, you can skip directly to the next section. These five articles cover the basics of mutual funds and their various types. We also cover a special article on tax saving funds.
- What is a Mutual Funds and how does it work
- Types of Mutual Funds in India
- Investing in mutual funds vs direct equity
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Mutual Funds
- Best Tax Saving (ELSS) Funds
2. BUILDING A PORTFOLIO OF MUTUAL FUNDS
The right way of investing is to build a mutual fund portfolio. A portfolio is a collection of mutual funds that helps you meet your investment goals. Your overall returns matter on your overall portfolio and not a particular fund. In this section, we learn about the basics of building a mutual fund portfolio.
- What is Portfolio Investing
- How to build a Mutual Fund Portfolio
- Choosing the right mutual funds for your portfolio
- When to Sell a Mutual Fund
3. INVESTING IN MUTUAL FUNDS
A lot of first-time investors do not invest in mutual funds because they find the investing process too complicated. These articles help mutual fund beginners to get started with investing.
- What is KYC and why is it required for investing in Mutual Funds
- Investing through Best Systematic Investment Plan
4. OTHER IMPORTANT THINGS TO KNOW
While investing in mutual funds, there are some important things beginners need to consider. Without understanding these things, one can have serious implications on their investment returns.
- Tax on Mutual Funds
- Exit Load on Withdrawing money from Mutual Funds
- Expense Ratio of Mutual Funds