Investing provides financial stability, and the Stock market plays an important role when it comes to generating returns which can beat inflation, stock market it is a place where people buy/sell shares of publicly listed companies. In this module, you will know more about the basic of stock market, how to get started, how it functions and the various intermediaries that appertain it. MORELearn now
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
You might have come across jargons like NIFTY, SENSEX, MCap, Short selling, IPO and so many more. The concepts seem to be difficult to understand but are actually very easy to understand if you try to relate it to practical examples. The course will be helpful for beginners looking to start investment in stock markets and it is also useful for learners from a non-finance background.
SKILLS YOU WILL GAIN
Get a Basic Understanding of how stock markets work
Why & How Should One Invest
Money Management Skills
Risk Management Skills
- 1.1 What Is Investing & Why Should One Invest?
- 1.2 Risk Associated With Investing
- 1.3 When To Start Investing?
- 1.4 What Care Should One Take While Investing?
- 1.5 Types Of Investment Instruments
- 1.6 Saving Or Investment – The Better Option
- 1.7 Where Are The Investments Instruments Traded?
- 1.8 What Is An Index?
- 1.9Types Of Stock Market Indices?
4. IPO Basics
- 4.1 What Is An IPO & Why Do Companies Go Public?
- 4.2 Advantages Of Going Public & The Process For An IPO?
- 4.3 What Is An IPO Procedure In India?
- 4.4 Book Building Process v/s Fixed Price Mechanism
- 4.5 How Can Investor Invest In IPOs
- 4.6 How Are Shares Allotted
- 4.7 What Should The Investors Look Into Red Herring Prospectus?
- 4.8 What Is An IPO Grey Market?
- 5.1 What Is Meant By Secondary Market?
- 5.2 Types Of Secondary Market – Exchanges & OTC
- 5.3 Trading In Secondary Markets
- 5.4 What Is The Role Of A Stock Exchange In Secondary Market?
- 5.5 Why Should One Trade On A Recognized Stock Exchange?
- 5.6 How To Place Orders With The Brokers
- 5.7 Understanding Trading Platforms
- 5.8 Getting Started With Trading Platforms
- 5.9 What Is The Concept Of Brokerage?
- 5.10 Charges That Comprise of Net Trading Cost?
- 6.1 What Are The Products Dealt In Secondary Market?
- 6.2 Why Should One Invest In Equities In Particular?
- 6.3 What Has Been The Average Return On Equities In India?
- 6.4 What Are The Factors That Influence The Price of A Stock?
- 6.5 Difference Between The Term Growth Stock V/s Value Stock?
- 6.6 What Is A Portfolio?
- 6.7 What Is Diversification?
- 6.8 What Are The Advantages Of A Diversified Portfolio?
- 6.9 What Is A Debt Instrument?
- 6.10 What Are The Features Of Debt Instruments?
- 9.1 What Are Mutual Funds?
- 9.2 Who Is The Regulatory Body For Mutual Funds?
- 9.3 What Is NAV?
- 9.4 Risks Involved In Mutual Funds?
- 9.5 What Are The Different Types of Mutual Funds?
- 9.6 What Are The Rights That Are Available To Mutual Funds Holders In India?
- 9.7 What Is A Fund Offer Document?
- 9.8 What Is Active Fund Management?
- 9.9 What Is Passive Fund Management?
- 9.10 What Is An ETF?
- 9.11 Must Know Concepts