Ayurveda is the ancient medical system of India which believes that physical and mental health can be obtained through nature and the products made from plants are more effective than any other. Ayurvedic medicines follows India’s traditional health care.
In Sanskrit Ayurveda means “The Science of Life” because Ayu means Life and Veda means Science. Also Ayurveda means “Mother of Healing”. It follows ancient Vedic Culture. Ayurveda places great importance for prevention and encourages maintenance of health though proper diet, right thinking, lifestyle and use of herbs.
India has more than 100 companies who are in to Ayurveda and believes that Ayurveda is a solution for all those who failed to get cured through allopathy and homeopathy. One such Indian Company is Namhya Foods. Let us understand Life Journey of Miss Ridhima Arora Founder of Namhya Foods and how she achieved success through Ayurveda.
About Namhya Foods
- Namhya Founded in the year 2019 by Miss Ridhima Arora. She wanted people to heal naturally without visiting hospitals with the help of Ayurveda. So she started with the products which are used daily and included Ayurvedic herbs.
- The products included Heart Tea, Green Tea, Kashmiri Saffron, Almond Milk, PCOS Tea etc. Apart from this Namhya offers Nutrition Coaching Programs.
How Namhya Foods started?
- Namhya Foods heal the body and the soul. Miss Ridhima Arora observed that there is a huge gap between food industry and healthcare industry. So she laid the foundation of Namhya Foods and started to sell products which included Ayurvedic herbs.
- In the year 2014 Ridhima started her fitness journey and to become fit she lost 30 kgs in 2 years (86 kgs to 56 kgs). In this entire process she observed that market really lacked healthy food options. Also her father got seriously ill due to liver cirrhosis. Ridhima this time used her knowledge and researched lot about Ayurveda.
- It was started as a pilot retail store in Jammu and Kashmir. Initially Namhya Foods chose offline mode for selling their products but later on they started making loss.
- Ridhima realized that she herself being from marketing background failed to understand her core competencies and did not utilize the digital field efficiently. So she decided to change her business strategy and used all online platforms like Amazon, Flipkart, eBay, Etsy(International) etc.
How is Namhya Foods different from others?
- Namhya uses only natural blends and there are no preservatives. It contains foods like sattu, Tragacanth Gum, Arjun Chhal etc. Also Namhya does not use vegetable oils, or sugars and preservatives. These traditional herbs have natural healing properties and help to revive the prana in the body.
Now that we know what Namhya Foods is all about let us understand who exactly is Miss Ridhima Arora
Who is Miss Ridhima Arora?
- Miss Ridhima Arora was born on 28th December, 1992 in Jammu and Kashmir. She did her schooling at JK Public School. She did her B-Tech in Electronics and communications and then went to Chennai’s Great Lakes Institute of Management to pursue PGDM in marketing and sales. While pursuing MBA she worked as project trainee at Ramco Systems Chennai for four months. Ridhima was also fascinated by fashion shows in her college days and did few modelling projects.
- Her grandfather was a traditional Ayurvedic practioner and started a small herbs business store in the year 1937 in Jammu and Kashmir where he sold natural herbs and did Ayurvedic treatment. Ridhima’s Father took over the business and expanded it further.
Ridhima Arora Career
- Ridhima started her career in May 2015 as senior marketing manager at Lava International Limited, Noida. She worked there around three years and subsequently resigned from her post in the year 2018. Then she joined Automate International in Gurgaon as Senior Marketing Manager.
- In 2018 she gave up her career as her father was ill with Liver Cirrhosis and the doctor declared that he had just 6 months left to live. At that time Ridhima used to visit doctors and hospitals to find a cure for her father. She then started giving traditional immunity boosters like halad ka pani and giloy water.
- With a mix of allopathy and Ayurvedic herbs along with yoga helped her father to heal over months. After facing such critical situations, Ridhima realized that there is lack of awareness about healthy products and market lacks such products which are natural.
- She then developed products that includes nutrition and bridge the gap between healthy food and tasty food using Ayurvedic products through the company named Namhya Foods Private Limited.
- So initially she invested around 22 lakhs to set up small manufacturing unit at her family land in Jammu and Kashmir. In the first months of operations her company was able to sell the inventory of Rs 5 lakhs and earned revenue of Rs 1 crore in a year.
Interesting Facts about Ridhima Arora
- Ridhima Arora Loves to travel in her free time and do all adventure activity
- She is very particular about her gym and fitness
- Ridhima suffered PCOS and due to which she had gained lot of weight.
- She had once appeared as a guest on Young Bites Channel to share benefits of using Ayurveda.
- In the year 2021 she was invited to attend the Change Maker Xchange Summit, Asia and Australia
- She follows Buddhism teachings. The name Namhya came from the word Namyo which is used in Buddhism.
- She considers Oprah Winfrey, Michael Singer, Marianne Williamson, Ekhart Tolle as her role models.
- Also she has appeared as guest speakers in platforms like TedX and Josh Talks.
The Shark Tank Appearance
- Ridhima Arora thanked Shark Tank because after her appearance in the show in the year 2021, her company sales boosted almost 6 times than what she did earlier. Mr. Aman Gupta, boAt company co-founder invested in her company Rs 50 lakhs for a stake of 10%.
- In the Shark Tank India show, Ridhima was intelligent and her impressive pitch for her brand impressed all the judges. But only Mr. Aman Gupta decided to invest as he believed in Ayurveda.
Lesson we can learn from Namhya Foods and Ridhima Arora
- Ridhima Arora is changing how we eat. She has showed the world that health is not just something that revolves around exercise and staying active. It includes proper diet as well.
- Namhya Foods has positioned itself as an alternative health company the one which replaces a regular meal or snack with Ayurveda.
- Now Namhya Foods has expanded to Gujarat and Delhi and has opened a branch in US as well. The heart tea has achieved a huge success for people with high cholesterol and heart issues. The company now aims to expand and is in talks with UrbanPlatter, Qtrove, Milk Basket and Grofers. Namhya aims to clock sales of Rs 1 crore by next year.
- The founder has set an example that to be entrepreneur perseverance is very important. There were many instances in her life when she decided to give up but later on she just became silent and managed her thoughts just to come back again with full of energy and new ideas to push up her business.
- Ridhima Arora is now role model for many woman and young entrepreneurs to come up with new ideas. She has the competitive spirit in her which keeps her going. Through her product she has changed life for many and has played a very instrumental role in creating awareness about Ayurveda. She believes that she has broke the stereotype that Ayurvedic products cannot be fashionable.
- Ridhima Arora is looking forward to build up a team and learn more about team management. She wants to think bigger and gives the message to the society that one must learn to uncover the blankets of problems preventing to reach the highest potential. Healing and understanding higher consciousness is important.