Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Calculator
The Indian government started the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana in 2015 to cater to the financial needs of girl children for higher education and marriage. Under the scheme, the government allows the legal guardian of the girl child to create an account and invest a minimum annual amount of Rs. 250 and a maximum of Rs. 1.5 lakh. As the government provides a predetermined interest on the investment amount, you must plan the investments accordingly to know how much you will have at maturity. The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator can help calculate the overall returns on the investments made towards the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account.
- Interest Amount
- Principal Amount
- Principle Amount
- Total Interest
- Maturity Year
- Maturity Value
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator is an online tool that helps legal guardians to calculate their returns on the investments made towards the SSY account for a specific period. The Indian government reviews the SSY’s interest rate quarterly and changes it based on economic and other domestic factors. Hence, legal guardians planning to save over time for their girl child must plan the overall investment wisely.
The SSY calculator determines the amount you will get as returns based on the SSY interest rate and the maturity period. Since the SSY calculator calculates the final returns at maturity, it helps legal guardians know how much they have to invest annually at the current interest rate.
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator is an innovative online tool with unique features to help legal guardians plan their investments and accumulate adequate funds at maturity. You can use the Sukanya Samriddhi calculator in various ways to estimate the returns.
Here are some of the advantages of the Sukanya Samriddhi scheme calculator:
● You can use the calculator to know the exact amount you will get at maturity based on the current interest rate and monthly or yearly investment.
● The online calculator can help to calculate how much you should invest monthly or yearly to get a specific amount at the time of maturity.
● The Sukanya Samriddhi account calculator is an online tool that you can access easily through a laptop, tablet, or mobile phone anywhere and anytime to calculate returns.
● The calculator is a free and unlimited tool to calculate the returns on your Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account.
The prerequisite to using the Sukanya Samriddhi account calculator is to open the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account by a legal guardian for a girl child. Legal guardians can only open the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account for their girl children if they and the girl child fulfil the following criteria:
● The girl child, for whom the legal guardians are opening the account, must be an Indian citizen.
● The legal guardian can only open the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account for a girl child below the age of 10.
● The legal guardians can only open the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account for a maximum of two girl children from the same family.
● The legal guardians should have all the necessary documents, such as the girl child’s birth certificate, depositor’s identification documents, and a medical certificate in case of multiple children’s birth under a single birth, etc.
The Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account’s interest rate varies based on diverse economic factors. Thus, it becomes difficult to pinpoint how much the SSY account will give as returns at maturity.
Most legal guardians open the account right from the girl child’s birth and invest in the account until maximum maturity, which is 21 years. Therefore, you must know how to use the Sukanya calculator to calculate the overall returns at maturity and set an ideal monthly or annual investment account.
The Sukanya calculator uses the following formula to calculate returns on the invested amount:
A = P (1 + r/n) ^ nt
A = Compound Interest,
P = Principal Amount,
r = Current Rate of Interest,
n = The number of times the interest compounds in a year,
t = The number of years.
While using the calculator, you must ensure that you know all but one of the factors mentioned above to calculate the missing factor.
5paisa’s Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator, or the SSY calculator, allows you to easily and accurately calculate returns on the investments made in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account over a specific period. If you want to calculate returns on the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account, here is how you can effectively use the 5paisa’s Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator.
Step 1: Visit 5paisa’s website and navigate to the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator page. Use the sliders available on the calculator page to fill in the details of all the factors necessary to calculate returns at maturity.
Step 2: Use the slider for the “Yearly Investment” to set how much you are planning or investing as the yearly amount in your Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account.
Step 3: Use the slider for the “Girl’s age” to set how old the girl’s child is. Remember that the girl’s child should be below the age of 10 while opening the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account.
Step 4: Select the “Start Period” by using the slider to set the year from which you have started to invest in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account. The slider automatically positions itself at the current year (if not set at a previous year) and shows returns for 21 years (the maturity period).
Step 5: Once you put all the factors using the slider, the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator will show details such as total investment, interest, maturity year, and the final maturity value.
5paisa has designed its monthly Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator to be user-friendly with numerous industry-best features to help in calculating the returns on the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account. When you use the 5paisa’s Sukanya Samriddhi calculator, you get the following features and benefits:
● Free Of Cost: The 5paisa’s Sukyanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator is entirely free of cost and does not charge anything to the user for calculating returns.
● Quick Results: The calculator designed by 5paisa uses advanced algorithms to offer returns within seconds. All you have to do is use the sliders to set the factors, and the calculator presents results in real time.
● Accuracy: Owing to the advanced algorithms used by 5paisa for the calculator, the quick results are accurate to allow the user to understand the return potential without any mistakes.
● Ease: Almost all websites ask for personal information to sign up or log in to access the available tools. However, 5paisa’s Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana calculator does not ask you to provide personal information to create an account before accessing the calculator.
● Regular Updates: The Indian government reviews and updates the interest rates and other factors for the SSY. 5paisa’s calculator ensures that the calculative factors, such as the interest rates, are regularly updated to provide the most accurate results.
● Flexibility: 5paisa has designed the calculator to work across mobile, PC, tablet, or laptop for easier access anytime and anywhere.
Frequently Asked Questions
As a legal guardian, you can create one account for a girl child. However, the maximum number of accounts you can open is two for two girl children from one family.
You can open an SSY account with a minimum investment amount of Rs 250.
The maturity period of an SSY account is 21 years with a partial withdrawal facility after the girl child turns 18 years old.
Yes, the current interest rate for the Sukanya Samriddhi Account is 7.6%, and the invested amount is tax-exempted under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
Disclaimer: The calculator available on the 5paisa website is intended for informational purposes only and is designed to assist you in estimating potential investments. However, it is important to understand that this calculator should not be the sole basis for creating or implementing any investment strategy. 5Paisa does not take responsibility or liability for the accuracy of the figures generated by the calculator. It's also important to remember that the examples given here do not make any claims regarding the performance of any particular asset or investment. Before making any financial decisions based on the results of this calculator, we highly advise every investor to consult with a qualified advisor. View More..