Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF – Direct Growth
The Motilal Oswal Mutual Fund owns the Nasdaq FoF Direct Growth, a type of ”Fund of Fund”. It was introduced on March 29, 2011, and as of right now, it has an AUM of Rs 4,830.30 crores. The basic and secondary benchmarks for the Motilal Oswal Nasdaq FoF are the NIFTY 50 – TRI and Nasdaq-100, respectively.
The Motilal Oswal Nasdaq Fund of Fund Direct-Growth is presently managed by Mr Ankush Sood. Microsoft Corp, Apple Inc and Amazon Com Inc are the top 3 holdings of this fund.
Pros and Cons
|The 3Y annualized returns are consistently higher by 6.17% in its fund category.||The 1Y annualized returns are very low by 9.56% in the fund category.|
|There is zero exit load to be worried about.|
|The fund has a meagre expense ratio of just 0.1%.|
How to Invest in Motilal Oswal Nasdaq FoF?
FoF charges a dual expense ratio—one for itself and the other for the index fund where it invests. In Motilal Oswal Nasdaq FoF, money is invested in US Nasdaq 100 Index funds. So, the investor should check the relevant fact sheets and determine if the fund would suit his expectations and capacities.
What is the Expense Ratio?
This implies that the Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 Fund of Fund Direct-Growth would definitely prove to be more lucrative to the investors since they have to pay lesser money in remuneration to the company and stock managers handling the share interests.
Who should invest in Motilal Oswal Nasdaq FoF?
The Motilal Oswal Nasdaq FoF doesn’t need a track record since it would invest in the ETF. Hence its performance history will be that of the index.
Retail investors can invest internationally with ease thanks to FoFs because they can do so through SIPs. The minimum application amount for the Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 Fund is Rs 500.
Similar to debt mutual funds, FoFs are taxed. FoF investments that are sold before a year are subject to short-term capital gains tax; the returns are included in income and are taxed in accordance with the investor’s appropriate income tax bracket. Investments sold after three years are subject to a 20% tax rate with the benefit of indexation.
The Nasdaq 100 is primarily made up of prominent American tech companies like Facebook, Google, Netflix, and others. So, investors looking for technology-specific shares should invest here.
● Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FoF has generated 34.65% returns over the past year by investing in the Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 ETF. The high grade of performance by the FoF is the paramount reason why investors would find it attractive to invest here.
● The NFO of Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 Fund of Fund (FoF) offers a simplified route to gain exposure to the Nasdaq 100 without the hassle or even the need for a demat account or brokerage. It proves to be cheap and convenient to investors.
● For good portfolio diversification, this fund is very useful. It invests in USA stocks and companies which not only bring massive returns to the investor but are also strong and diverse.
● With its low AMC costs, low expense ratio and no need for consulting brokers — this fund leaves a huge probable profit margin to the investor, who gets to spend much less.
● The index constituents showcase tremendous growth in most fundamental metrics — seeing revenue growth of 14% and earnings growth of 24% compounded annually.
● Given that the USA has a track record of well-managed indices habitually beating actively managed funds there: the Motilal Oswal Nasdaq FoF makes such an opportunity available for Indian investors.
Mr. Mayekar earned an M.Com from Mumbai University and an Advanced Diploma in Business Administration from Welingkar in Mumbai. From August 2005 until February 2010, he worked for Business Standard Limited before joining Motilal Oswal AMC. He manages IDFC with an AUM of INR 5038 crores.
- Fund Name
- Fund Size
- 3Y Returns
- Aditya Birla SL Global Excellence Equity Fund
16.1%Fund Size - 150
9.8%Fund Size - 150
6.2%Fund Size - 150
- Franklin India Feeder – Franklin U.S. Opp.-Dir Growth
9.5%Fund Size - 3,034
6.8%Fund Size - 3,034
12.1%Fund Size - 3,034
- HSBC Global Emerging Markets Fund
-6.4%Fund Size - 18
4%Fund Size - 18
3.3%Fund Size - 18
- DSP World Agriculture Fund
-7.2%Fund Size - 25
2.7%Fund Size - 25
3.7%Fund Size - 25
- DSP US Flexible Equity Fund
11.3%Fund Size - 794
15.7%Fund Size - 794
14.3%Fund Size - 794
AMC Contact Details
Frequently Asked Questions
How to invest in Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF – Direct Growth ?
- Login to your 5paisa account, Go to the Mutual Funds section.
- Search for Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF – Direct Growth in the search box.
- Click on "Start SIP" if you wish to do a SIP or click on “One-time” if you wish to invest a lumpsum amount then click on "Invest Now"
What is the NAV of Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF – Direct Growth ?
How to redeem Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF – Direct Growth holding ?
What is the minimum sip amount of Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF – Direct Growth?
How much returns have Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF – Direct Growth generated ?
What is the expense ratio of Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF – Direct Growth ?
What is the AUM of Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF – Direct Growth?
What are the top stock holdings of Motilal Oswal Nasdaq 100 FOF – Direct Growth?
- Motilal Oswal NASDAQ-100 ETF - 99.97%
- Net CA & Others - 0.03%