|TCS||IT - Software||Equity||6.47%|
|LTIMindtree||IT - Software||Equity||3.81%|
|Bharat Forge||Castings, Forgings & Fastners||Equity||3.74%|
|Havells India||Consumer Durables||Equity||2.9%|
|Jubilant Food.||Quick Service Restaurant||Equity||2.61%|
|United Breweries||Alcoholic Beverages||Equity||2.57%|
|Hindalco Inds.||Non Ferrous Metals||Equity||2.41%|
|P I Industries||Agro Chemicals||Equity||2.37%|
|Tube Investments||Auto Ancillaries||Equity||2.33%|
|Pharmaceuticals & Biotech||6.39%|
|Cement & Cement Products||2.51%|
|Fertilisers & Agrochemica||2.36%|
|Aerospace & Defense||1.42%|
|Cash & Others||0.78%|
|Exit Load||1.00% - If redeemed / switched out less than one year from the date of allotment. Nil - If redeemed / switched out greater than or equal to one year from the date of allotment.|
The UTI Focused Equity Fund, a Multi Cap mutual fund scheme was established on August 4, 2021, making it one year and five months old in operation.
As of December 31, 2022, UTI Focused Equity Fund Direct-Growth had assets under management totalling 2,550 Crores, making it a medium-sized fund in its category. The benchmark of this fund is NIFTY 500 TRI. Mr. Vishal Chopda is the fund’s manager.
Pros and Cons
|The fund’s expense ratio is lower than that of the majority of other Multi Cap funds.||There is very limited diversification in UTI Focused Equity Funds.|
|There is scope for greater returns, making the fund appear attractive.||The investor’s reach will not be much in the share market.|
|The long-term capital generation record is very good.|
How to Invest in a UTI Focused Equity Fund?
Investors should make sure that the assets they have invested in are spread among the available stocks as efficiently and flexibly as possible before investing in the UTI-Focused Equity fund. The portfolio ought to be more exposed to businesses with profitably solid operations and robust cash flows having minimum scope for losses.
Consequently, the portfolio is unaffected when the market declines. Any investor can access the fund’s portfolio’s composition online and have a thorough checkout of the same.
What is the expense ratio?
A lower expense ratio of any fund would help that fund’s investor save their money by way of cheaper fund management services for that mutual fund category.
Who should invest in UTI Focused Equity Fund?
Regular analysis of the UTI-Focused Equity fund’s performance is essential because there is little room for diversification within the ’30 stocks only limit’. Interested investors should keep this factor in mind before going for the fund. They should invest in it only if they are comfortable with its narrowness and are able to analyze it well.
Investors are recommended that they can, at their option, switch to another mutual fund that appears to be able to produce better results if the UTI-Focused Equity fund does not perform well for, say, five years at the minimum. Thus, prospective investors who have backup plans and second options are welcome to invest in this fund.
This particular fund is not for investors with low or moderate risk appetite. The stock market rally will increase the value of the underlying stocks, and this would, in turn, reflect sharp gains for the investors. But at the same time, when the market declines or faces a circumstantial slump, it will impact the investor’s earnings gravely. So, only those investors who can tolerate high risks are advised to choose UTI Focused Equity Fund.
● An investor can access hand-picked ideas with a portfolio of no more than 30 stocks. This implies he would get to invest in only the most high-performing assets and companies. They can also use this feature to their advantage when the investor has specific preferences of the fields of assets he wants to be present in.
● The UTI Focused Equity Fund contains high-conviction stocks, which include larger weights in the fund portfolio. This feature ensures that a consistent stream of positive alpha is produced over the years in investment.
● The special ability of this fund to invest throughout the market capitalization spectrum, including large, midsize, and small companies, has the undoubted potential to improve the performance of a portfolio as a whole and, thereby, immensely benefit the investor.
● Investors also have the freedom to invest across different industries or sectors. UTI-Focused Equity Funds have a greater opportunity to improve the overall performance of their portfolio thanks to this flexibility.
● Only the ‘best of the lot’ stock policies that have the potential to deliver superior performance over time are chosen by expert fund managers of UTI after careful consideration of the company and the use of their knowledge and expertise.
● The fund is one of the best-performing ones in its category. Its trailing returns over different time periods are -4.77% (1Y) and 0.85% (since the launch of the fund). Whereas, Category returns for the same time duration are: -5.37% (1Y), 16.1% (3Y), and finally, 10.33% (5Y).
- Fund Name
- Fund Size
- 3Y Returns
- HDFC Focused 30 Fund – Direct Growth
25.3%Fund Size - 6,166
34.5%Fund Size - 6,166
17%Fund Size - 6,166
- Franklin India Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth
21.6%Fund Size - 9,359
32.6%Fund Size - 9,359
17.6%Fund Size - 9,359
- Nippon India Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth
21.8%Fund Size - 6,976
29.5%Fund Size - 6,976
17.5%Fund Size - 6,976
- Sundaram Focused Fund – Direct Growth
20.8%Fund Size - 908
24.5%Fund Size - 908
16.6%Fund Size - 908
- SBI Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth
16.4%Fund Size - 29,473
23.6%Fund Size - 29,473
16.7%Fund Size - 29,473
Frequently Asked Questions
How to invest in UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth ?
- Login to your 5paisa account, Go to the Mutual Funds section.
- Search for UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth in the search box.
- Click on "Start SIP" if you wish to do a SIP or click on “One-time” if you wish to invest a lumpsum amount then click on "Invest Now"
What is the NAV of UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth ?
How to redeem UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth holding ?
What is the minimum sip amount of UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth?
What are the top sectors UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth has invested in?
- Banks - 22.59%
- IT-Software - 10.24%
- Automobiles - 8.53%
- Finance - 6.96%
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotech - 6.39%
Can I make investments in both the SIP and Lump Sum schemes of UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth?
How much returns have UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth generated ?
What is the expense ratio of UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth ?
What is the AUM of UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth?
What are the top stock holdings of UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth?
How can I redeem my investments in UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth?
Step 2: Log in to your account by adding Folio No. and M-Pin
Step 3: Click on Widhrawal > Redemption
Step 4: Select UTI-Focused Equity Fund – Direct Growth in Scheme, enter the redemption amount, and click on submit button.