|LTIMindtree||IT - Software||Equity||6.34%|
|Infosys||IT - Software||Equity||3.94%|
|Kotak Mah. Bank||Banks||Equity||3.55%|
|Coforge||IT - Software||Equity||3.18%|
|Info Edg.(India)||E-Commerce/App based Aggregator||Equity||3.15%|
|Titan Company||Diamond, Gems and Jewellery||Equity||2.91%|
|AU Small Finance||Banks||Equity||1.79%|
|P I Industries||Agro Chemicals||Equity||1.42%|
|Havells India||Consumer Durables||Equity||1.42%|
|Indiamart Inter.||E-Commerce/App based Aggregator||Equity||1.4%|
|Jubilant Food.||Quick Service Restaurant||Equity||1.38%|
|Endurance Tech.||Auto Ancillaries||Equity||1.36%|
|Dr Lal Pathlabs||Healthcare||Equity||1.35%|
|Grindwell Norton||Capital Goods-Non Electrical Equipment||Equity||1.34%|
|Motherson Wiring||Auto Ancillaries||Equity||1.23%|
|Page Industries||Readymade Garments/ Apparells||Equity||1.06%|
|Samvardh. Mothe.||Auto Ancillaries||Equity||1.02%|
|Crompton Gr. Con||Consumer Durables||Equity||0.83%|
|Persistent Sys||IT - Software||Equity||0.78%|
|Zomato Ltd||E-Commerce/App based Aggregator||Equity||0.64%|
|Barbeque-Nation||Quick Service Restaurant||Equity||0.55%|
|FSN E-Commerce||E-Commerce/App based Aggregator||Equity||0.4%|
|Dixon Technolog.||Consumer Durables||Equity||0.32%|
|Spartek Ceramics||Ceramic Products||Equity||0%|
|Pharmaceuticals & Biotech||7.52%|
|Cash & Others||4.36%|
|Chemicals & Petrochemical||1.69%|
|Cement & Cement Products||1.49%|
|Fertilisers & Agrochemica||1.48%|
|Agricultural Food & other||1.37%|
|Healthcare Equipment & Su||1.13%|
|Textiles & Apparels||0.99%|
|Exit Load||Redemption / switch out within 12 months from the date of allotment - (i) upto 10% of the alloted units - Nil (ii) beyond 10% of the alloted units - 1.00% Redemption / swith out after 12 months from the date of allotment - Nil|
The UTI Flexi Cap Fund is a diversified equity scheme that was launched on 18th May 1992 by UTI Mutual Fund.
The UTI Flexi Cap Fund, formerly known as UTI Equity Fund, is managed by Ajay Tyagi. The scheme distributes the majority of its investments across the financial services, IT, healthcare, consumer services, consumer durables, and automobile sectors.
The scheme’s investment objective is to achieve long-term capital appreciation by predominantly investing in equities and equity-related securities flexibly across different market capitalisation levels. It achieves capital appreciation by investing in equities that generate high returns on capital employed and positive operating cash flows.
The UTI Flexi Cap Fund allocates its investment across different instruments, including domestic and overseas equities, derivatives, debt and money market instruments, REITs, and InvITs.
Pros & Cons
|The UTI Flexi Cap Fund has a lower standard deviation and beta than its benchmark, NIFTY 500 TRI, resulting in less volatile returns.||3-year annualised returns for this scheme is 14.8%, below the benchmark and the average for its category.|
|5-year annualised returns for his scheme is 12%, which is above the benchmark and the average for its category.||The schemes beta is higher than the category average, making it more volatile.|
|It has a low portfolio turnover ratio and expense ratio, indicating that it is relatively inexpensive to operate and, therefore, may generate higher returns for investors.||The alpha and Sharpe ratio are negative, indicating that the scheme has not performed as well as its benchmark.|
Who should invest in UTI Flexi Cap Fund?
The UTI Flexi Cap fund is suitable for investors looking to establish a core equity portfolio by investing in high-quality businesses that generate sustainable value over the long term. This scheme best suits investors with a time horizon of at least 5 years.
The UTI Flexi Cap fund is consistently ranked among the most popular options within the Flexi Cap category due to its consistent performance, low expense ratio, experienced fund management, solid investment strategy, and ability to provide good returns to investors. The historical performance of the scheme has been strong, and it has consistently beaten its benchmark and category average. It has delivered a 12.34% CAGR (Compound Annual Growth Rate) since its inception.
The scheme is suitable for investors with long-term goals and a high-risk appetite. However, there may be better schemes for you if your investment objective is low-risk and short-term.
What are the benefits of investing in the UTI Flexi Cap Fund?
- The UTI Flexi Cap Fund has generated a CAGR of 12.34% since its inception, outperforming its benchmark, the NIFTY 500 TRI, which has a CAGR of 11.78%.
- It has a strong history of consistent earnings growth over the last 5-10 years, with stability in margins. The 5-year annualised return for this scheme is 12%, higher than the benchmark and category average.
- The instances of negative returns under the UTI Flexi Cap Fund are 0% over a 5-year and 10-year investment horizon and 0.2% over a 3-year investment horizon.
- The UTI Flexi Cap Fund is less volatile than its benchmark. This is because it focuses on selecting high-quality businesses in secular growth industries that can generate economic value instead of cyclical sectors that are highly volatile.
- The scheme is managed by a seasoned fund manager who serves as the Head of Equity at UTI Asset Management Company and has a good track record of performance.
- The UTI Flexi Cap Fund follows a “bottom-up stock picking” investment strategy. This strategy allows the fund manager to focus on individual companies and their fundamentals rather than being influenced by macroeconomic factors or market trends, which can lead to potentially higher returns.
- As the name suggests, the UTI Flexi Cap Fund has the flexibility to invest across market capitalisation, which can help it adapt to changing market conditions and take advantage of opportunities in different market segments.
Mr Ajay Tyagi, Head of Equities, joined the AMC in 2000 and served different roles and responsibilities across equity research, offshore funds, and domestic onshore funds. He was awarded a series of accolades and recognition for his performance. Being an investment advisor on the panel, he has helped funds prove their mettle time and again.
- Fund Name
- Fund Size
- 3Y Returns
- Franklin India Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth
21.7%Fund Size - 11,749
31.1%Fund Size - 11,749
15.8%Fund Size - 11,749
- DSP Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth
20.5%Fund Size - 8,827
25.6%Fund Size - 8,827
17.2%Fund Size - 8,827
- Union Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth
17.8%Fund Size - 1,595
25.2%Fund Size - 1,595
16.2%Fund Size - 1,595
- HSBC Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth
21.4%Fund Size - 3,534
24.7%Fund Size - 3,534
13.7%Fund Size - 3,534
- SBI Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth
14.6%Fund Size - 17,819
24.5%Fund Size - 17,819
14.3%Fund Size - 17,819
Frequently Asked Questions
How to invest in UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth ?
- Login to your 5paisa account, Go to the Mutual Funds section.
- Search for UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth in the search box.
- Click on "Start SIP" if you wish to do a SIP or click on “One-time” if you wish to invest a lumpsum amount then click on "Invest Now"
What is the NAV of UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth ?
How to redeem UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth holding ?
What is the minimum sip amount of UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth?
What are the top sectors UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth has invested in?
- Banks - 18.51%
- IT-Software - 13.26%
- Retailing - 10.23%
- Consumer Durables - 9.57%
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotech - 7.52%
Can I make investments in both the SIP and Lump Sum schemes of UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth?
How much returns have UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth generated ?
What is the expense ratio of UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth ?
What is the AUM of UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth?
What are the top stock holdings of UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth?
How can I redeem my investments in UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth?
Step 2: Log in to your account by adding Folio No. and M-Pin
Step 3: Click on Widhrawal > Redemption
Step 4: Select UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth in Scheme, enter the redemption amount, and click on submit button.
Is there any lock in period for UTI-Flexi Cap Fund - Direct Growth?
No, there is no lock in period for UTI-Flexi Cap Fund – Direct Growth.