|Sundram Fasten.||Auto Ancillaries||Equity||2.5%|
|Equitas Sma. Fin||Banks||Equity||2.44%|
|Mphasis||IT - Software||Equity||2.28%|
|Crompton Gr. Con||Consumer Durables||Equity||2.19%|
|Persistent Sys||IT - Software||Equity||1.81%|
|CG Power & Indu.||Capital Goods - Electrical Equipment||Equity||1.78%|
|Cummins India||Capital Goods-Non Electrical Equipment||Equity||1.74%|
|Dixon Technolog.||Consumer Durables||Equity||1.72%|
|Hind.Aeronautics||Capital Goods-Non Electrical Equipment||Equity||1.69%|
|J K Cements||Cement||Equity||1.67%|
|M & M Fin. Serv.||Finance||Equity||1.65%|
|Indian Hotels Co||Hotels & Restaurants||Equity||1.61%|
|Coforge||IT - Software||Equity||1.61%|
|NHPC Ltd||Power Generation & Distribution||Equity||1.61%|
|APL Apollo Tubes||Steel||Equity||1.56%|
|The Ramco Cement||Cement||Equity||1.49%|
|PB Fintech.||IT - Software||Equity||1.45%|
|Page Industries||Readymade Garments/ Apparells||Equity||1.42%|
|City Union Bank||Banks||Equity||1.26%|
|Motherson Wiring||Auto Ancillaries||Equity||1.24%|
|United Breweries||Alcoholic Beverages||Equity||1.18%|
|Jubilant Food.||Quick Service Restaurant||Equity||1.08%|
|Karur Vysya Bank||Banks||Equity||0.99%|
|Tube Investments||Auto Ancillaries||Equity||0.95%|
|P I Industries||Agro Chemicals||Equity||0.93%|
|Whirlpool India||Consumer Durables||Equity||0.78%|
|Indraprastha Gas||Gas Distribution||Equity||0.71%|
|Bharat Forge||Castings, Forgings & Fastners||Equity||0.65%|
|Kajaria Ceramics||Ceramic Products||Equity||0.62%|
|Devyani Intl.||Quick Service Restaurant||Equity||0.61%|
|One 97||E-Commerce/App based Aggregator||Equity||0.54%|
|H P C L||Refineries||Equity||0.43%|
|Suzlon Energy||Capital Goods - Electrical Equipment||Equity||0.33%|
|Numero Uno Intl||Entertainment||Equity||0%|
|Pharmaceuticals & Biotech||5.73%|
|Cement & Cement Products||5.28%|
|Cash & Others||4.34%|
|Aerospace & Defense||3.95%|
|Fertilisers & Agrochemica||3.3%|
|Chemicals & Petrochemical||2.65%|
|Financial Technology (Fin||1.57%|
|Textiles & Apparels||1.27%|
|Exit Load||1% - If the Units are redeemed / switched out within one year of allotment. (Effect from 24-08-2009)|
The Franklin India Prima Fund is an open-ended Mid Cap equity mutual fund scheme from the house of Franklin Templeton Mutual Fund. This fund, having been launched on October 30, 1993, has been in existence for around 29 years and three months. Franklin India Prima Fund-Growth has ₹7,602 Crores worth of assets under management in it as of 31/12/2022.
It is a medium-sized fund of its category being managed by Mr.Akhil Kalluri. The fund has the majority of its capital invested in the Automobile, Financial, Services, Fixed Capital, and Healthcare sectors.
Pros and Cons
|The fund has delivered average annual returns of 18.6% since its inception.||The scheme’s record of ability to consistently deliver returns is lower than most other funds of its category.|
|The fund can protect the stream of returns very well during down-times.||Its ability to manage losses in a falling market situation is below average.|
|It has a very high expense ratio.|
How to Invest in Franklin India Prima Fund?
The Franklin India Prima Fund has its benchmark set as NIFTY 500, against which its yearly performance is to be measured and evaluated accordingly while investing.
Interested investors are, thus, suggested to take due note of its allocations before investing. They should check whether such an asset-holding scheme would serve their interests or not: or whether it is in tandem with their selective preferences.
Investing in this fund is otherwise very easy and trouble-free, with both SIP and lump sum payment amounts available to the investor as options.
What is the Expense Ratio?
As one can see, this ratio is high, meaning that the investor has to pay more to the fund’s firm if he chooses to opt for their services.
Who should invest in Franklin India Prima Fund?
Franklin Prima Fund is best suitable for investors who prefer a fund that has the potential to deliver high capital appreciation over a long time period. These investors should be able to hold their money in their invested places for a long period of time without hassles.
Investors having an aggressive profile of risks find Franklin Prima Fund as their top choice since it maintains a high focus on mid-cap and small-cap segments; thereby, losses due to market fluctuations are better controlled.
The fund conveniently offers both Systematic Investment Plan as well as a mode to invest in mutual funds online. Investors who don’t wish to go into too much pesky paperwork will find this fund very relieving.
● Franklin India Prima Fund-Growth, returns of the last one year, is 1.12%. Since launch, it has delivered 18.72% average annual returns. The fund has doubled the money invested in it every 3 yrs. Obviously, it is a premium choice for making profitable investments.
● The fund’s top 5 holdings are in large and powerful companies like Federal Bank Ltd., ICICI Bank Ltd., Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd., Apollo Tyres Ltd., Deepak Nitrite Ltd, etc. Since these companies are great market performers, it brings assurance to investors that their money won’t go to waste.
● Due to its growth-oriented strategy resulting in procurements of high capital returns to the investors, Franklin Prima Fund successfully secured the second rank in the ‘Small & Mid-Cap’ category of mutual funds by CRISIL for the quarter-end in June 2016.
● The fund has yielded commendable returns, which reached up to 44.7% and 77.1% for the year 2012 to 2016. Moreover, the annualized returns of Franklin India Prima Fund are 36% and 26.2% for the period of three and five-year, respectively.
● The sectors it has curatively held assets under are all among the top-growing presence of the Indian share market, and hence, yielding greater returns is guaranteed. It also makes sure that it would provide the anticipated returns to the investors even during downside risks.
- Fund Name
- Fund Size
- 3Y Returns
- SBI Magnum Midcap Fund – Direct Growth
18.1%Fund Size - 12,555
34.3%Fund Size - 12,555
20.6%Fund Size - 12,555
- Nippon India Growth Fund – Direct Growth
25.5%Fund Size - 18,343
33.5%Fund Size - 18,343
21.3%Fund Size - 18,343
- Kotak Emerging Equity Fund – Direct Growth
18.1%Fund Size - 33,091
31.3%Fund Size - 33,091
20.6%Fund Size - 33,091
- Tata Mid Cap Growth Fund – Direct Growth
23.1%Fund Size - 2,449
28.9%Fund Size - 2,449
19.9%Fund Size - 2,449
- Sundaram Mid Cap Fund – Direct Growth
19.8%Fund Size - 8,617
28.6%Fund Size - 8,617
14.8%Fund Size - 8,617
AMC Contact Details
Frequently Asked Questions
How to invest in Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth ?
- Login to your 5paisa account, Go to the Mutual Funds section.
- Search for Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth in the search box.
- Click on "Start SIP" if you wish to do a SIP or click on “One-time” if you wish to invest a lumpsum amount then click on "Invest Now"
What is the NAV of Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth ?
How to redeem Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth holding ?
What is the minimum sip amount of Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth?
What are the top sectors Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth has invested in?
- Banks - 15.05%
- Auto Components - 7.32%
- Consumer Durables - 7.31%
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotech - 5.73%
- Cement & Cement Products - 5.28%
Can I make investments in both the SIP and Lump Sum schemes of Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth?
How much returns have Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth generated ?
What is the expense ratio of Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth ?
What is the AUM of Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth?
What are the top stock holdings of Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth?
How can I redeem my investments in Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth?
Step 2: Log in to your account by adding Folio No. and M-Pin
Step 3: Click on Widhrawal > Redemption
Step 4: Select Franklin India Prima Fund – Direct Growth in Scheme, enter the redemption amount, and click on submit button.