A complete guide to all information on IPO
Get details and latest updates - all at one place
- Company Details EbixCash, a digital product and service provider, filed its draft red herring prospectus (DRHP) with…
- Balaji Speciality Chemica
- Company Details Balaji Speciality Chemicals Limited IPO is all set to open. Balaji Speciality Chemicals is involved …
- India Exposition Mart Ltd
- Company Details India Exposition Mart Ltd, an integrated exhibitions and conventions venue, has filed its preliminar…
- Navi Technologies
- Company Details Navi Technologies led by Sachin Bhansal is set to come forth with its IPO and has filed its prelimin…
- Corrtech International Lt
- Company Details Corrtech International, a pipeline laying solutions provider, has filed preliminary papers with SEBI…
- Sheetal Universal Ltd
- Company Details …
Net Avenue Technologies L
- Issue Date 30 Nov - 4 Dec
- Price ₹ 16
- Ipo Size ₹ 9.11 - 10.25 Cr.
- Issue Date 30 Nov - 5 Dec
- Price ₹ 111
- Ipo Size ₹ 53.41 Cr.
How to apply for an IPO on 5paisa?
Indian Renewable Energy Development Agency Ltd (IREDA) had a very robust listing on 29th November 2023, listing at a smart premium of 56.25% on the NSE and on top of that managed to ...
Quick take on the IPO of Rocking Deals Circular Economy Ltd The IPO of Rocking Deals Circular Economy Ltd opened for subscription on 22nd November 2023 and closed for subscription on 24th November 2023. The stock of the company had a face value of ₹10 per share and it is a book building issue, with the price band fixed in the range of ₹136 to ₹140 per share. Being a book built issue, the final price will be discovered ...
The IPO cycle, also referred to as Initial Public Offering Cycle, allows private companies to go public and offer the company's shares to the general public for the first time. It ...
What is an initial public offering (IPO)?
Initial public offering (IPO) can simply be defined as the process in which a private company offers its share to the public for the first time, and in turn, becomes a publicly-traded company. Through this process of IPO, the company can raise its equity capital.
How does an IPO work?
- Private companies that have achieved the ‘unicorn status’ in their growth trajectory, generally decide on ‘going public’.
- In India, the process of IPO is regulated by the Securities and Exchange Board (SEBI), so the first step is to register with SEBI.
- After submitting all the required documents and on receiving approval from SEBI, the company is required to determine the share price and the number of shares it plans to issue.
- Following this, the company must choose between the two types of IPO issues- Fixed price IPO and Book Building IPO.
- After IPO valuation, the company’s shares are made public.
Procedure for investing in IPO
- Acquire the application form, either physically from a broker, a distributor, or from an online portal like 5paisa
- Fill the form with all the required details including personal, bank, and Demat account details.
- Provide details about the total investment amount.
- The shares will be allotted to an individual within 10 days of closing of the offer.
Who is eligible for applying for an IPO?
An adult who is capable of entering into a legal contract is considered eligible for investing in an IPO. The individual can be a qualified institutional investor, anchor investor, retail investor or a high net-worth individual. Apart from this, some basic criteria for eligibility are:
- The individual should have a pan card issued by the income tax department.
- A valid Demat account
- It is not mandatory to have a trading account for investing in an IPO but it is advisable to have one. A trading account will help an investor sell the stocks present on the IPO listings, in near future.
Steps to apply for an IPO from 5paisa
There are five steps to apply for an IPO from 5paisa
- Login to the 5paisa account and select the issue from the current IPO section.
- Based on the individual’s preference, one can select the number of lots and price for the desired IPO.
- Enter the UPI ID, check all the details, and select submit. With this, the process is completed and the bid will be placed with the exchange.
- Finally, the individual needs to approve a mandate notification received in their UPI app.
Click here to open a demat account with 5paisa.
Frequently Asked Questions
This is one of the processes that has to do with the pricing of the IPO. An IPO can be made either through book building method, the fixed price method or a combination of both.
While in book building the price at which securities will be offered/allotted is not known in advance to the investor (investor is aware of an indicative price range only), in the fixed price process price at which the securities are offered/allotted is known in advance to the investor.
When it comes to an IPO, there are 4 types of investors who can bid, as per SEBI guidelines. They are –
1. Qualified institutional investors (QIIs)
2. Anchor investors
3. Retail investors and
4. High net-worth individuals (HNIs)/Non-institutional investors (NII).
IPO subscription period is the period of time during which investors can promise to purchase shares of a security to be issued as initial public offering (IPO).
To apply in an IPO with 5paisa:
1.Login to the 5paisa website or mobile trading app
2.Go to the Current IPOs section
3.Select the IPO you wish to apply for
4. Enter IPO details like price, quantity (lots) and your UPI ID
5. Check details and Confirm
6. Approve the UPI notification received on your phone (in BHIM App or your net banking app)
Click here to open a demat account with 5paisa.
A Red Herring Prospectus, or offer document, is filed by a company to SEBI. This document is very useful to as it provides detailed information about the company’s business operations, financials, promoters and the company’s objective for raising funds.
Investors can use an IPO registrar to check the status of their subscription. The investor will need his PAN card number, IPO application number, and Demat account number in order to verify the status of his IPO subscription. The investor will get the information under the search button on the registrar's or BSE's website if the shares are allocated.
Investors receive information from BSE, NSE, CDSL, and NSDL via shared Email and SMS.
Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins