Interglobe Aviation Q4 Results 2022: Net loss at Rs.16818 million for Q4FY22
On 25th May 2022, Interglobe Aviation (IndiGo) announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2022.
- IndiGo reported an EBITDA of Rs.1718 million for Q4FY22 from Rs.6483 million in Q4FY21, a decline of 73.5%
- The company's revenue from operations rose 28.9% to Rs.80207 million in the quarter under review from Rs.62229 million in the same quarter last fiscal.
- IndiGo reported a net loss of Rs.16818 million from Rs.11472 million in Q4FY21, a decline by 46.6%
- The company reported an EBITDA at Rs.11480 million for FY2022 from Rs.6227 million in FY2021, with a growth of 84.4%
- The company's revenue from operations rose by 77.1% to Rs.259309 million for the year from Rs.146406 million in FY2022.
- IndiGo reported a Net loss of Rs.61618 million with a drop of 6.1% YoY.
- For the period January-March’22, IndiGo had a Technical Dispatch Reliability of 99.94%.
- IndiGo had an on-time performance of 94.4% at four key metros and a flight cancellation rate of 0.71%
Network and Fleet:
- As of 31st March 2022, the fleet comprised 275 aircraft including 41 A320 CEOs, 143 A320 NEOs, 56 A321 NEOs and 35 ATRs: a net reduction of 8 aircraft during the quarter.
- IndiGo operated at a peak of 1,577 daily flights during the quarter including non-scheduled flights.
- During the quarter, provided scheduled services to 73 domestic destinations and 15 international destinations
Future Capacity Growth in FY2023:
- First-quarter of FY2023 capacity in terms of ASKs is expected to increase by around 150% as compared to Q1FY22.
- FY2023 capacity in terms of ASKs is expected to increase by around 55-60% as compared to the fiscal year 2022
The Company’s CEO, Mr. Ronojoy Dutta said, “This quarter has been difficult because of the demand destruction caused by the Omicron virus in the first half. Although traffic rebounded and demand was robust during the latter half of the quarter, we were challenged by high fuel costs and a weakening rupee. We believe IndiGo is best positioned to maximize revenue in a recovering market. As we work to return the airline to profitability, we are focused on maintaining our cost leadership position and continuing to build the most efficient network in the region”.
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Start Investing Now!
Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins