|Infosys||IT - Software||Equity||3.15%|
|Larsen & Toubro||Infrastructure Developers & Operators||Equity||2.95%|
|St Bk of India||Banks||Equity||2.3%|
|Volt.Transform.||Capital Goods - Electrical Equipment||Equity||2.2%|
|Sonata Software||IT - Software||Equity||1.96%|
|Kirl.Pneumatic||Capital Goods-Non Electrical Equipment||Equity||1.93%|
|Bank of Baroda||Banks||Equity||1.91%|
|Aster DM Health.||Healthcare||Equity||1.63%|
|eClerx Services||IT - Software||Equity||1.59%|
|Rolex Rings||Auto Ancillaries||Equity||1.42%|
|United Spirits||Alcoholic Beverages||Equity||1.37%|
|Newgen Software||IT - Software||Equity||1.29%|
|Zensar Tech.||IT - Software||Equity||1.02%|
|Mahindra Holiday||Hotels & Restaurants||Equity||0.96%|
|Carborundum Uni.||Capital Goods-Non Electrical Equipment||Equity||0.96%|
|Oracle Fin.Serv.||IT - Software||Equity||0.84%|
|Power Grid Corpn||Power Generation & Distribution||Equity||0.71%|
|Equitas Sma. Fin||Banks||Equity||0.59%|
|Uniparts India||Auto Ancillaries||Equity||0.48%|
|B P C L||Refineries||Equity||0.46%|
|VST Industries||Tobacco Products||Equity||0.26%|
|Commercial Services & Sup||1.9%|
|Aerospace & Defense||1.78%|
|Pharmaceuticals & Biotech||0.77%|
|Fertilisers & Agrochemica||0.77%|
|Cash & Others||0.61%|
|CigaretteS & Tobacco Prod||0.27%|
|Govt Securities / Sovereign||19.52%|
|Non Convertable Debenture||6.04%|
|Certificate of Deposit||2.64%|
|Net Curr Ass/Net Receivables||0.54%|
An aggressive Hybrid mutual fund strategy offered by HDFC Mutual Fund is HDFC Children’s Gift Fund. This fund was established on January 25, 2001, and has been around for 22 years.
As of December 31, 2022, HDFC Children’s Gift Fund had assets under management (AUM) totalling Rs 6,100 Crores, making it a medium-sized fund in its category. At the moment, the fund is allocated 66.00% to equity and 30.62% to debt. The fund is managed by Mr Anil Bamboli.
Pros and Cons
|The fund will inculcate the saving habit in your children and make them more money responsible.||The fund’s expense ratio, which stands at 0.97%, is greater than that of the majority of other aggressive hybrid funds.|
|It is much more tax efficient.||It entails a lot of paperwork to be completed.|
|This fund helps you become more disciplined in planning for your child’s future financial goals.|
Who should invest in the HDFC Children’s Gift Fund?
The recommended investment horizon for the HDFC Children’s Gift Fund is greater than three years. The advised investment horizon is the shortest period of time that investments in the fund should be held for the returns to become more predictable and the fund’s downside risk to be minimized.
As per SEBI’s latest guidelines to calculate risk grades in the stock market, investments under the HDFC Children’s Gift Fund come under the Very High-risk category of finances. So, only those investors who are experienced and have enough capital to be able to handle losses are advised to go for it.
Investors need to be well-versed in tax implications and market conditions. Considering that the market is dynamic, asset allocation to equities may rise or fall based on the current market and economic conditions. As a result, depending on the provided fund’s asset allocation, its tax treatment will change.
● It is a very large and diverse fund. The asset allocation of the fund comprises approximately 66.87% in equities, 25.37% in debts and 7.76% in cash or equivalents. While the top 10 equity holdings constitute around 34% of the assets, the top 3 sectors constitute around 39.71% of the assets.
● In the past year, the HDFC Children’s Gift Fund has returned 5.71%. It has produced average yearly returns of 15.86% since the start. Every three years, the investment has doubled thanks to the fund. It can be concluded that this fund is profitable.
● Consistent return delivery is a strength shared by the majority of funds in this category, including the HDFC Children’s Gift Fund programme. In a down market, it has an above-average capacity to limit losses. This immensely benefits the investors.
● Investments in the financial, capital goods, technology, energy, and services sectors make up the majority of the fund’s stock holdings. Investors are not only guaranteed high returns, but the returns are from the best areas.
● ICICI Bank Ltd., Infosys Ltd., Reliance Industries Ltd., HDFC Bank Ltd., and GOI are the top 5 holdings of the fund. Suffice it to say; the fund is well-backed and definitely lucrative.
Chirag Setalvad - Fund Management and Equity Research - Fund Manager
Mr Setalvad is one of the top Equity fund managers of HDFC mutual fund, managing the AUM of ₹63,256 Cr under 9 different schemes. He has over 22 years of experience collectively, of which 18 years of experience is in Fund Management and Equity Research and 3 years in investment banking.
- Fund Name
- Fund Size
- 3Y Returns
- Tata Young Citizens Fund – Direct
17.1%Fund Size - 297
23.7%Fund Size - 297
14.7%Fund Size - 297
- UTI-CCF Investment Plan – Direct Growth
10.9%Fund Size - 832
22%Fund Size - 832
13%Fund Size - 832
- UTI-CCF Investment Plan – (Scholarship) – Direct
10.9%Fund Size - 832
22%Fund Size - 832
-Fund Size - 832
- ICICI Pru Child Care Fund-Gift Plan – Direct
15.3%Fund Size - 994
19.6%Fund Size - 994
11.7%Fund Size - 994
- LIC MF Children’s Gift Fund – Direct
12.2%Fund Size - 14
15.8%Fund Size - 14
10.4%Fund Size - 14
AMC Contact Details
Frequently Asked Questions
How to invest in HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth ?
- Login to your 5paisa account, Go to the Mutual Funds section.
- Search for HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth in the search box.
- Click on "Start SIP" if you wish to do a SIP or click on “One-time” if you wish to invest a lumpsum amount then click on "Invest Now"
What is the NAV of HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth ?
How to redeem HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth holding ?
What is the minimum sip amount of HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth?
What are the top sectors HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth has invested in?
- Debt - 32.65%
- Banks - 17.84%
- IT-Software - 7.99%
- Industrial Products - 7.18%
- Petroleum Products - 4.83%
Can I make investments in both the SIP and Lump Sum schemes of HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth?
How much returns have HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth generated ?
What is the expense ratio of HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth ?
What is the AUM of HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth?
What are the top stock holdings of HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth?
How can I redeem my investments in HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth?
Step 2: Log in to your account by adding Folio No. and M-Pin
Step 3: Click on Widhrawal > Redemption
Step 4: Select HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth in Scheme, enter the redemption amount, and click on submit button.
Is there any lock-in period for HDFC Children's Gift Fund - Direct Growth?
Yes, there is lock-in period for HDFC Children’s Gift Fund – Direct Growth.