Bajaj Auto Q4 Results Update
On 27th April 2022, Bajaj Auto announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2022 and on Thursday, 28th April 2022 the Bajaj Auto share price went down by 1.42%
Bajaj Auto Q4 Results for FY22 Declared
- The company reported a consolidated PAT at Rs.1526 Crore with a 6.78% QoQ growth in Q4FY22. This was due to an exceptional income of Rs.315 Crore towards incentives receivables from the Maharashtra State Government from April 2015 to March 2021 and received Rs.31 Crore for the period April 2021 to March 2022.
- On a YoY basis, PAT decreased by 1.6%
- Revenue from operations declined by 11.6% QoQ and 7.2% YoY. It was mainly due to a sequential and year-on-year decline in auto sales.
- The EBITDA margin went down on a yearly basis, sequentially it grew to 17.5% in Q4FY22 due to the positive impact of price increase, favorable sales mix, and improved US realization.
- EPS went up to Rs.52.8 in Q4FY22 from Rs.49.4 in Q4FY21.
- Automotive: The revenue in the automotive segment went down by 7% YoY to Rs.7990 Crore.
- Investments: The revenue from investments went down by 3.54% YoY to Rs.272 Crore.
Segment-wise Sales Volume:
- The domestic sales declined to 27% YoY at 3,89,155 units from 5,34,119 units in Q4FY21.
- Exports declined by 8% YoY at 5,87,496 units from 6,35,545 units in Q4FY21.
The total two-wheeler (2W) sales for the company (including exports) during the quarter declined by 18% on the year. The company managed to sell 859,091 units of 2W during the quarter as compared to 10,47,632 units during Q4FY21.
On a full-year basis, however, there was an increase of 6% on the year. The total 2W units sold during the year stood at 38,36,856 compared to 36,05,893 units sold in FY21.
The commercial vehicle (CV) sales also witnessed a decline of 4 percent on-year during the quarter. The CV volumes stood at 1,17,560 as compared to 1,22,032 sold in the same quarter a year ago.
For the full year, the company sold 4,71,577 CV units compared to 3,67021 units sold during FY21, thereby registering a growth of 28 percent.
The company’s board of directors announced a dividend of Rs.40 per share. The total dividend payout would cost the company Rs.4051 crore.
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Start Investing Now!
Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins