Tata Motors Q1 Results FY2023, Net loss at Rs. 5006.6 crores
On 27th July 2022, Tata Motors announced its quarterly results for the first quarter of FY2023.
Q1FY23 Key Highlights:
- The company’s revenue from operations stood at Rs. 71934.66 crores with a growth of 9.7% YoY
- Loss before tax stood at Rs. 3468.05 crores with a drop of 34.49% YoY.
- The company reported its Net loss at Rs. 5006.6 crores with a yearly drop of 12.48%
- Finance costs increased by Rs. 217 crores to Rs. 2,421 crores during Q1 FY23 due to higher gross borrowings.
- For the quarter, net profit from joint ventures and associates amounted to Rs. 36 crores compared with a loss of Rs. 130 crores in Q1FY22. Other income (excluding grants) was Rs. 340 crores in Q1 FY23 versus Rs. 240 crores in Q1FY22
- The company’s free cash flow (automotive) in the quarter, was negative at Rs. 9800 crores as compared to a negative Rs. 18200 crore in Q1FY22, primarily due to a working capital impact of Rs. 8900 crores.
Jaguar Land Rover:
- Retail sales of JLR in Q1FY23 were 78,825 vehicles, broadly flat compared with Q4FY22 and down by 37% compared with Q1FY22.
- Revenue from JLR was £ 4.4 billion in Q1FY23, down by 7.6% from Q4FY22, impacted by supply challenges including semiconductor shortages, slower than expected ramp-up of the New Range Rover and New Range Rover Sport production, and China lockdowns.
- The customer order book grew further to 200,000 vehicles.
- The loss before tax in the quarter was £ 524 million before a £ 155 million favorable exceptional pension item. The loss primarily reflects the lower wholesale volumes with a weaker mix, as well as unfavorable inflation of £ (161) million and currency and commodity revaluation of £(236) million YoY.
Tata Commercial Vehicles:
- Tata CV business witnessed strong volume growth as compared to Q1FY22 (a Covid-impacted quarter). The growth in Q1FY23 has been broad-based across regions and segments.
- For the India business, domestic wholesales were at 95,895 vehicles, up by 124% YoY. Exports were however at 5,218 vehicles, dropping by 22.6% due to the financial crisis in a few export markets. The margin improvement was aided by higher volumes, realizations, and stable commodity prices.
Tata Passenger Vehicles:
- Tata PV business continued its strong momentum with wholesales at 130,351 vehicles, up 101.7% YoY.
- Demand for passenger vehicles continued to stay strong in Q1FY23 even as the supply side remained moderately impacted.
- The SUV portfolio contributed 68% of Q1FY23 sales. The margin improvement was led by strong volumes, improved mix, and the impact of higher operating leverage.
Share Market Today
|Indices Name||Price||Price Change (% change)|
|S&P ASX 200||6894.80||-19.6 (-0.28%)|
|CAC 40||6997.05||-71.11 (-1.01%)|
|Dow Jones||33002.38||-430.97 (-1.29%)|
|FTSE 100||7470.16||-40.56 (-0.54%)|
|Hang Seng||17298.46||-524.12 (-2.94%)|
|US Tech 100||13064.47||-248.3 (-1.87%)|
|Nikkei 225||30722.43||-515.51 (-1.65%)|
|S&P 500||4229.45||-58.94 (-1.37%)|
|Gift Nifty||19450.50||-163 (-0.83%)|
|Shanghai Composite||3110.48||0 (0%)|
|Taiwan Weighted||16454.34||-102.97 (-0.62%)|
|US 30||32988.60||-15.2 (-0.05%)|
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE) has announced the discontinuation of Stop Loss Market (SL-M) orders, effective from October 9. This decision follows a recent incident involving a "freak trade" triggered by an SL-M order, which led to concerns within the trading community. The aim is to prevent erroneous order placements, whether they result from manual or algorithmic trading.
- Oct 03, 2023
Valiant Laboratories Ltd has a face value of ₹10 per share while the price band for the book building IPO has been set in the band of ₹133 to ₹140 per share. The final price will be discovered within this band, through the process of book building. The fresh issue portion entailed the issue of 1,08,90,000 shares (108.90 lakh shares), which at the upper price band of ₹140 per share will translate into fresh issue size of ₹152.46 crore.
- Oct 03, 2023
Premium listing for Saakshi Medtech and Panels Ltd, then hits upper circuit Saakshi Medtech and Panels Ltd had a strong listing on 03rd October 2023, listing at a premium of 50.52%, and subsequently hitting the 5% upper circuit on
- Oct 03, 2023