Five-Star Business Finance IPO Subscription Status
Five Star Business Finance IPO opens on 9th November and closes on 11th November. The issue consists of an Offer for Sale aggregating to Rs. 2,751.95 crores.
The price band is set at 31 per share and the lot size is Rs. 450 – Rs. 474 per share. The shares will be allotted on 16th November while the issue will be listed on 21st November.
For the OFS, SCI Investments is to offload shares worth Rs.257.10 crore, shares worth Rs.568.92 crore by Matrix Partners India Investments II Extension LLC, Norwest Venture Partners X- Mauritius are to offload Rs.385.65 crore, TPG Asia VII SF Pte Ltd is to offload Rs.1,349.78 crore. Currently TPG Asia holds a stake of 20.99%, Matrix partners holds a 14% stake and Norwest holds 10.22% stake. The book running lead managers to this issue are ICICI Securities, Kotak Mahindra Capital Company, Edelweiss Financial Services and Nomura Financial Advisory and Securities Pvt ltd.
Objectives of Five Star Business Finance IPO
The main objective of the issue is to gain from the company being listed on the stock exchanges.
Five Star Business Finance IPO Video
About Five-Star Business Finance
About the company
Five Star Business Finance, founded in 1984, is a Chennai based company that provides small loans and small mortgages to self-employed individuals and small entrepreneurs, who are excluded by the large financial institutions. All of the loans given by the company are secured by the borrower’s property. As of September 30, 2021, the company has an extensive network of 268 branches spread across 8 states and 1 union territory. 92% of the branches are located in cities and towns with a population of more than 1 million. Their live accounts increased from 15,803 in FY17 to 1,92,000 in September 2021. Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh, Telangana and Karnataka account for 95% of the total portfolio of the company. The company has the largest Asset Under Management worth Rs.3,000 crore, as compared to its peers.
Since the customers usually do not have income proof, the whole underwriting process requires a long and detailed personal discussion with the person taking the loan, his/her family and relatives and neighbours to gain some perspective regarding the cash inflows and outflows, income pattern and behavioural aspects of the person.
Five-Star Business Finance Financial Status
Profit and Loss
|Particulars (in Rs. Crores)||FY21||FY21||FY20|
|Particulars (in Rs. Crores)||FY22||FY21||FY20|
|Particulars (in Rs. Crores)||FY22||FY21||FY20|
|Net cash generated from/(used in) operating activities||-277.2||-157.3||-1523.3|
|Net cash from / (used in) investing activities||-383.9||102.1||-131.9|
|Net cash flow from / (used in) financing activities||7.0||1032.5||1725.3|
|Net increase (decrease) in cash and cash equivalents||-654.0||977.4||70.1|
|Name of the Company||Total Revenue (in Rs. crores)||Basic EPS||NAV Rs. per share||PE||RoNW %|
|Five-Star Business Finance Limited||1,256.17||16.09||127.35||NA||13.86%|
|Au Small Finance Bank||6,915.43||18.03||119.31||33.19||15.04%|
IPO Key Points
1. Five Star Business Finance has witnessed the fastest AUM growth among its peers, with more than Rs.3,000 crore in AUM and has also witnessed strong growth and returns
2. One of the few institutions in the country that has developed an underwriting model where the cash flows of small business owners and self-employed individuals are analyzed in order to provide them with loans
3. The company has the ability to expand to un- penetrated geographical areas through its calculated approach
4. They have experienced and qualified promoters and a very professional management team with the backing of marquee investors
1. A substantial amount of capital is needed to run the business and the company derives it from various external sources and thus the whole business wholly depends on the timely availability of these funds
2. The main, inherent risk is of the borrowers not paying back the loans and the risk is higher in this case as the customer group is primarily the middle- and lower-income group and there is a high possibility of default among these small business owners and self-employed people
3. Adding to the point above, a large part of the borrowers are first time borrowers which further increases the risk of default
4. The volatility in interest rates could adversely affect the Net interest income
How to apply for IPO?
Login to your 5paisa account and select the issue in the
current IPO section
Enter the number of lots and price at which you wish to
Enter your UPI ID and click on submit. With this, your
bid will be placed with the exchange
You will receive a mandate notification to block funds in
your UPI app
Approve the mandate request on your UPI and funds
will be blocked
Open account in 5 minutes
Be a part of the 5paisa community now with 10 million mobile app users
Please keep below documents handy:
- PAN Card
- Aadhar Card
- Bank Account Number
What is the lot size and investment required for the Five Star Business Finance IPO?
The Five Star Business Finance IPO lot size is 31 shares per lot. A retail-individual investor can apply for up to 13 lots (403 shares or ₹191,022).
What is the price band of the Five Star Business Finance IPO?
The price of the Five Star Business Finance IPO is set at Rs. Rs. 450 – Rs. 474 per share.
When does the Five Star Business Finance IPO issue open and close?
The Five Star Business Finance IPO opens on 9th November and closes on 11th November.
What is the size of Five Star Business Finance IPO issue?
The Five Star Business Finance IPO issue consists of an Offer for Sale aggregating to Rs. 2,751.95 crores.
Who are the promoters/key personnels of Five Star Business Finance?
Five Star Business Finance is promoted by Lakshmipathy Deenadayalan, Hema Lakshmipathy, Shritha Lakshmipathy, Matrix Partners India Investment Holdings II, LLC and SCI Investments V.
What is the allotment date of Five Star Business Finance IPO?
The Five Star Business Finance IPO allotment date is set for 16th November.
What is the Five Star Business Finance IPO’s listing date?
The Five Star Business Finance IPO issue will be listed on 21st November.
Who are the book runners for Five Star Business Finance IPO?
ICICI Securities, Kotak Mahindra Capital Company, Edelweiss Financial Services and Nomura Financial Advisory and Securities Pvt ltd. is the book running lead managers to the issue.
What is the objective of the issue?
The main objective of the issue is to gain from the company being listed on the stock exchanges
How to apply for the Five Star Business Finance IPO?
To apply for the IPO, follow the steps given below
• Login to your 5paisa account and select the issue in the current IPO section
• Enter the number of lots and price at which you wish to apply for
• Enter your UPI ID and click on submit. With this, your bid will be placed with the exchange
• You will receive a mandate notification to block funds in your UPI app
Contact Details of Five-Star Business Finance IPO
Five Star Business Finance Ltd
New No. 27, Old No. 4,
Taylor's Road, Kilpauk,
Chennai 600 010
Phone: +91 44 4610 6260
Five-Star Business Finance IPO Register
KFin Technologies Limited
Phone: 04067162222, 04079611000
Five-Star Business Finance IPO Lead Manager
ICICI Securities Limited
Edelweiss Financial Services Ltd
Kotak Mahindra Capital Company Limited
Nomura Financial Advisory And Securities (India) Pvt Ltd