Nykaa Q4 Results 2022: Revenue grew by 31% for Q4FY22
On 27th May 2022, Nykaa announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2022.
- GMV grew 71% YoY to ₹ 69,332 million in FY2022 and grew 45% YoY to ₹ 17,979 million in Q4 FY2022
- Revenue from Operations grew 55% YoY to ₹ 37,739 million in FY2022 and grew 31% in Q4 FY2022 to ₹ 9,733 million
- Gross Profit grew 73% YoY to ₹ 16,439 million in FY2022 and grew 40% YoY to ₹ 4,253 million in Q4 FY2022
- EBITDA was ₹ 1,633 million in FY2022, grew by 4% YoY. EBITDA margin as % of Revenue from Operations declined to 4.3% in FY2022 vs 6.4% in FY2021, owing to investment in Fashion and Other Businesses for future growth
- Profit after Tax was ₹ 413 million in FY2022, a decline of 33%
Beauty and Personal Care (BPC):
- GMV grew 49% YoY to ₹ 49,987 million in FY2022 and grew 29% YoY to ₹ 12,485 million in Q4 FY2022
- Annual Unique Transacting customers grew 49% YoY to 8.4 million as of March 31, 2022
- BPC witnessed strong customer acquisition with new customers growing at 49% YoY to 4.4 million and improved customer retention with existing customers contributing to 73% of the GMV in FY2022
- BPC EBITDA margins have sustained in FY2022 despite elevated marketing costs during the year
- GMV grew 168% YoY to ₹ 17,516 million in FY2022 and grew 84% YoY to ₹ 4,827 million in Q4 FY2022
- Fashion GMV contributed 25.3% to Consolidated GMV in FY2022
- Annual Unique Transacting customers grew 182% YoY to 1.8 million as of March 31, 2022 with a strong customer acquisition of 1.6 million in FY2022
- Nykaa has invested in future growth engines for greater diversification in lifestyle categories as well as vertically integrating across the value chain
- Others include our new businesses NykaaMan, eB2B platform SuperStore by Nykaa, International and new brand acquisitions
- Others GMV was ₹ 1,829 million contributing to 2.6% in the Consolidated GMV in FY2022
- SuperStore by Nykaa has 18,000+ transacting retailers across 300+ cities with 130+ brands listed as of March 31, 2022
- Nykaa has launched “SuperStore by Nykaa”, an eB2B platform bringing Beauty and Personal Care access and expertise to underserved channels and markets using technology.
- Nykaa Beauty expanded its international brands portfolio by launching Sol de Janeiro, Morphe, Nuxe, Elemis, 111Skin, Nudestix, bringing the best of global beauty to India - across premium and luxe categories. Nykaa Fashion launched The Global Store by bringing the best of international brands directly to Indian consumers such as NA-KD, Missguided and Oxxo.
- Nykaa strengthened its partnership with ELCA Cosmetics Private Limited with the launch of Aveda X Nykaa unisex salons in India
- Nykaa introduced L’Oréal’s advanced, AI-powered virtual try-on technology to offer an enhanced beauty experience to shoppers
- Nykaa acquired 51% stake in Dot & Key Wellness Private Limited (“Dot & Key”) in September 2021. This was the first D2C (direct to consumer) beauty brand acquired by Nykaa.
- Nykaa picked a minority stake in Earth Rhythm
- By acquiring Kica, Nykaa has expanded its activewear portfolio which already houses its own consumer brand, Nykd All Day
FY2022 performance, Falguni Nayar, Executive Chairperson, MD, and CEO, said: The year has witnessed a challenging macroeconomic environment, pronounced for discretionary categories like beauty, personal care and fashion. Despite market slowdown, our unique growth story continues, showing the resilience of our business model and long term sustainability by balancing strong revenue growth, responsible unit economics and profitability. We acquired over 6 million new customers across beauty and fashion, and witnessed superior customer retention, with improved metrics across the funnel - from visits to conversions.
We have expanded our addressable market through new growth engines - speciality retail stores, Nykaa Man, and SuperStore. These businesses, along with our consumer brands portfolio have witnessed increasing momentum through the year. Our consumer brands have recently seen expansion into wellness, activewear and personal care through purpose driven brand acquisitions. We deeply value our shareholders’ faith in us and hold their capital in highest regard. Our investments are always made in getting the building blocks right - such as tech platform, customer experience, assortment - and growing our new and early stage businesses in a sustainable manner with a long term focus.
Start Investing in 5 mins*
Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Open Free Demat Account
By proceeding, you agree to the T&C.
Fill in your details below: