P&G Health and Hygiene Results Update
On 28th April 2022, P&G Health and Hygiene announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2022.
- The company reported a 5% YoY growth in its net profit to Rs.103 crore for the quarter ended March 31, driven by a continued focus on productivity. However, the profit was impacted by a retrospective tax law change; excluding this one-time impact, the net profit was up by 20% despite high commodity inflation.
- Net sales of Rs.973 crore, up by 28% YoY, which was boosted by a one-time other income during the quarter from the inter-company sale of inventory. Excluding the one-time income, comparable sales are up by 17% YoY. Strong brand fundamentals, a strong product portfolio, and strong retail execution aided sales growth.
- The company’s EBITDA came in at nearly Rs 165 crore, up by 28% YoY. The EBITDA margins at about 17% remained flat YoY.
- The cost of raw materials consumed during the quarter surged a sharp 39.3% YoY to Rs.347 crore.
- The total expenses were up by 28.3% YoY to Rs.828 crore.
Madhusudan Gopalan, managing director, Procter & Gamble Hygiene and Health Care, said: “As we navigate the challenging cost environment, we will continue to focus on improving productivity by leveraging advertising and promotion analytics, strengthening our product mix, and driving supply chain efficiencies. In the long term, we will continue to focus on driving balanced top-and bottom-line growth enabled by our superiority strategy, improving productivity, leading constructive disruption, and strengthening our organization and culture.”
The company’s share price reacted positively to the numbers as it closed up by 3.33% at Rs.14,390.75 on the BSE on Thursday.
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Start Investing Now!
Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins