UltraTech Cement Q4 FY22 Results Update
On 29th April 2022, UltraTech announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2022.
- UltraTech Cement’s net profit increased 38% YoY to Rs 2,453.9 crore in the three months ended March.
- The company reported a current tax credit of Rs.137 crore and a deferred tax reversal of Rs.41 crore on a standalone basis in the quarter ended March.
- The company’s revenue rose by 8.6% to Rs.15,167.5 crore, against the Rs.15,051.4-crore forecast.
- The operating profit declined by 16.2% to Rs.2,943.3 crore, compared with the estimated Rs.2,822.4 crore because of a 48% jump in energy costs, with prices of pet coke and coal doubling during the period.
- The EBITDA margin contracted to 19.4% from 25.1% a year ago (Q4FY21).
- Other income jumped to Rs.145 crore from Rs.84 crores
- The company reported 47.6 percent YoY growth in consolidated net profit at Rs.2,620 crore for the quarter ending 31 March 2022
- The company's net sales rose 9.3 percent YoY to Rs.15,557 crore in the quarter under review from Rs.14,232 crore in the same quarter last fiscal.
The company’s board has recommended a dividend of Rs.38 per share, aggregating to Rs 1,097 crore
Shares of UltraTech gained 0.14% after the results were announced compared with a 0.98% decline in the benchmark Nifty 50.
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Start Investing Now!
Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins