Vedanta Ltd Q4 Results Update
On 28th April 2022, Vedanta Ltd announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2022.
- The company recorded consolidated quarterly revenue of ₹ 39,342 crores with a growth of 41% YoY
- The highest ever quarterly EBITDA of ₹ 13,768 crores with a growth of 51% YoY was reported
- PAT (before exceptional and one-time tax credit) of ₹ 7,570 crores with 48% YoY was reported.
- Net Debt at ₹ 20,979 crores, declined by ₹ 6,590 crores since 31st Dec 2021
- Vedanta Ltd. reported all-time high consolidated revenue of ₹ 131,192 crores, up 51% YoY.
- Highest ever annual EBITDA of ₹ 45,319 crores was reported with a growth of 66% YoY
- Robust Industry-leading EBITDA margin of 39%
- PAT (before exceptional and one-time tax credit) of ₹ 24,299 crores, up 95% YoY
- Free cash flow before Capex ₹ 27,154 crores, up 69% YoY
- The strong liquidity position with total cash and cash equivalent was held at ₹ 32,130 crore
Start Investing in 5 mins*
Get Benefits worth Rs. 5100 | Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage
- Record Aluminium production at 2,268kt was up by 15% YoY
- Highest ever Alumina production at 1,968kt was up 7% YoY
- Highest ever Mined metal production, crossed 1 million tonnes mark
- Best ever metal production of 967kt up by 4% YoY
- Record mined metal production at Gamsberg of 170 kt saw a growth of 18% YoY
Oil & Gas:
- Sustained average gross operated production at 161 kboepd
- Two new discoveries named Durga and Jaya in OALP block
- Highest ever sales of 5.7 million tonnes at Karnataka with a growth of 30% YoY
- Record pig iron production of 790 kt, up by 33%YoY
- Continued engagement with the stakeholders for the resumption of Goa mining
- Record Hot metal production of 1.36 million tonnes, up by 5%YoY
- Saleable Steel production at 1.26 million tonnes, up by 6%YoY
- Commenced commercial production from recently acquired two Iron ore mines in Orissa
- Record Ferro Chrome production of 75 kt o EBITDA margin increased by 3x to $534 per tonne
- Due legal process is being followed to achieve a sustainable restart of the operations
Mr. Sunil Duggal, Chief Executive Officer, Vedanta, said “I am delighted to share record operational and financial performance for FY22. We have delivered the historical best EBITDA of ₹45,319 crores and PAT (before exceptional and one-time tax credit) of ₹24,299 crores. This reflects our relentless focus on volume growth and operational efficiency, underpinned by structural integration and technology adoption. The strong free cash flow (pre-Capex) of ₹27,154 crores has allowed us to reinvest for growth, further strengthen our balance sheet and continue our attractive dividend pay-out. As a part of our ESG Journey, we have signed an agreement for 580 MW renewable power distribution which brings us one step closer towards becoming a Net Zero Carbon organization. As we leap forward, we are committed to make Vedanta stronger through growth, vertical integration, operational efficiencies, and renewed ESG purpose.”
The Board of Directors of the Company has approved the First Interim Dividend of ₹ 31.5 per equity share i.e. 3150% on the face value of Re. 1/- per share for the Financial Year 2022-23 amounting to ₹ 11,710 Crores.
On Friday Vedanta Ltd’s share price dropped by 0.16%.
Start Investing in 5 mins*
Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Open Free Demat Account
By proceeding, you agree to the T&C.
Fill in your details below: