Wipro Ltd Q4FY22 Results Update
On 29th April 2022, Wipro Ltd announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2022.
Q4FY22 Performance updates:
- The gross revenue was ₹208.6 billion with a growth of 28.4% YoY
- IT Services Segment Revenue was at $2,721.7 million, an increase of 3.1% QoQ and 26.4% YoY
- Non-GAAP constant currency IT Services segment revenue increased by 3.1% QoQ and 28.5% YoY
- IT Services Operating Margin for the quarter was at 17.0%, a decrease of 60 bps QoQ
- Net Income for Q4FY22 was ₹30.9 billion with a growth of 4.0% QoQ and 3.9% YoY
- Earnings Per Share for the quarter was at ₹5.64, an increase of 4.6% YoY
- Operating Cash Flow was at ₹23.3 billion ($307.3 million1), which is 75.5% of Net Income
FY22 Annual Financial Performance:
- For FY22, the gross revenue was ₹790.9 billion with a growth of 27.7% YoY
- IT Services Segment Revenue was at $10,355.9 million, an increase of 27.3% YoY
- Non-GAAP constant currency IT Services Segment Revenue increased by 26.9% YoY
- IT Services Operating Margin for the year was at 17.7% saw a decrease of 254 bps YoY
- Net Income for the year was ₹122.2 billion ($1,610.5 million), saw a growth of 13.2% YoY
- Earnings Per Share for the year was at ₹22.35 saw an increase of 17.0% YoY
- Operating Cash Flow was at ₹110.8 which is 90.7% of Net Income
- The company’s strength of employees for IT Services was at 243,128 with an increase of 45,416 employees on a YoY
Outlook for the quarter ending June 30, 2022:
Wipro Ltd expects Revenue from its IT Services business to be in the range of $2,748 million to $2,803 million.
IT Services Highlights:
- A US-based global healthcare company will leverage Wipro FullStride Cloud Services to engineer products for cloud and digital technologies based on a Product Oriented Delivery (POD) model.
- A US-based multinational technology company has renewed its existing contract to curate geospatial information that will enable the customer with evaluations and recommendations on map modeling processes.
- A leading US-based global benefits and payroll administration company has awarded Wipro a transformational business process services contract to optimize costs in health & wealth benefits and customer care.
- A multinational telecommunications network company, headquartered in the Nordics, has awarded Wipro a contract to drive the transformation and digitalization of business processes that enhance customer value through high-quality service delivery.
- A leading Europe-based provider of transport solutions has partnered with Wipro to transform its digital workplace, supporting the shift towards sustainable transport solutions.
Digital Services Highlights:
- A leading global cosmetics company has selected Wipro to rollout their SAP S/4HANA in a region that will drive their business growth.
- A leading Asia-based multinational automotive electronics supplier has selected Wipro to develop the engineering blueprint for their next-generation software-defined vehicle platform using Wipro’s Cloud Car architecture.
- Designit by Wipro has been selected by a multinational technology conglomerate to design a digital onboarding experience and support the hybrid working needs of employees of a large company in the mobility sector.
- A Smart City based in the Middle East has selected Wipro to build a secure, reliable on-demand 5G network using autonomous drones for the high-bandwidth requirements of residents, businesses, and visitors.
- A Europe-based financial services company has renewed is its Data Center and cloud infrastructure management contract with Wipro to support its transformation to a Hybrid Cloud model.
- A government body based in the Middle East has selected Wipro as the digital partner to build a data-led AI marketplace that will bring the local talent, government, and private sector together.
- Wipro is engaged as the primary partner to design and develop hardware for a series of RUs (radio units) to enable end-to-end O-RAN 5G solution deployment for service provider customers with one of the leading US-based telecommunications networking providers.
The interim dividend of ₹1 and ₹5 declared by the Board at its meetings held on January 14th and March 25th, 2022 shall be considered as the final dividend for the financial year 2021-22.
Thierry Delaporte, CEO and Managing Director said, “We have had an outstanding year, finishing with $10.4 Bn in revenues, and an industry-leading growth of 27% year on year. This is our sixth straight quarter of strong revenue growth at or over 3%. We are excited with the addition of Rizing and the CAS Group to Wipro’s service offerings. With all markets, sectors, and Global Business Lines now growing in the double-digits year on year, we have a strong foundation for next year’s growth.”
Jatin Dalal, Chief Financial Officer said, “Our efforts on client mining have resulted in an addition of eight customers in more than $100 Mn bucket on YoY basis. We delivered operating margins of 17.7% for the year, after significant investments on solutions, capabilities, and talent. Net Income for the year was highest ever at $1.6 Bn and delivered robust growth in EPS of 17.0% YoY.”
On Monday, Wipro’s share price declined by 3.01 percent.
Share Market Today
|Indices Name||Price||Price Change (% change)|
|S&P ASX 200||7073.20||-14.1 (-0.2%)|
|CAC 40||7344.67||41.22 (0.56%)|
|Dow Jones||36245.50||294.61 (0.82%)|
|FTSE 100||7537.28||72.65 (0.97%)|
|Hang Seng||16855.83||-168.79 (-0.99%)|
|US Tech 100||14298.26||118.3 (0.83%)|
|Nikkei 225||33431.51||-55.38 (-0.17%)|
|S&P 500||4594.63||26.83 (0.59%)|
|Gift Nifty||20490.00||160.5 (0.79%)|
|Shanghai Composite||3031.64||1.97 (0.07%)|
|Taiwan Weighted||17438.35||4.5 (0.03%)|
|US 30||36261.00||317.9 (0.88%)|
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Strong listing for Flair Writing Products IPO, then hits lower circuit
- Dec 02, 2023Read More
Escorts Kubota Ltd. witnessed a 4% increase in its total dispatches to dealerships, reaching 8,258 units, reflecting a 3.7% YoY growth. The rise in total dispatches to dealerships for Escorts Kubota Ltd.
- Dec 01, 2023Read More
In a transformative move to enhance local smartphone manufacturing, Dixon Technologies (India) Ltd. has inaugurated a smartphone manufacturing plant in Noida.
- Dec 01, 2023Read More