Lead Spot Price
- Low 181.65
- High 183
What are the main uses of lead?
Lead is used in batteries, ammunition, creating shields around nuclear reactors, X-Rays equipment, and sheets and industrial parts.
What are some top lead-producing countries?
China leads the production of lead mines, followed by Australia and the USA. India comes seventh.
What are the risks of trading in the lead?
Some potential risks include the following:
1. The global recession and a spike in interest rates could put a dampener on automobile and battery demand.
2. Exposure to lead results in various health-related consequences, and this is hastening the shift to alternative technologies.
3. Political turmoil in the world could strengthen the US dollar and weaken commodity prices.
How to trade lead?
Following are the ways in which you can trade lead:
4. Mutual Funds or ETFs
5. Stocks of lead producers or refiners
6. Lead contract-for-difference (CFD)
What are the health concerns over the use of lead?
Chronic lead exposure can be toxic to humans and cause weakness, anaemia, kidney diseases, and brain damage.
Which countries have the biggest reserves of lead?
The countries with the highest reserves of lead are Australia, China, and Russia.