Britannia Industries Q4 Results Update
On 2nd May, Britannia Industries announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2022.
Britannia Q4 Results for FY22 Declared
- Britannia Industries saw a net profit increase of 4.3 percent year-on-year (YoY) to Rs.379.9 crore in Q4FY22 as margins were under pressure due to higher raw material costs.
- The cost of raw materials consumed in the quarter was up 21.3 percent to Rs.1,858.7 crore, while its margins stood at 17 percent, compared with 18.2 percent in the year-ago period (Q4FY21).
- The company’s revenue from operations rose 13.4 percent YoY in Q4 to Rs.3,550.5 crore.
- Britannia reported consolidated sales growth of 15 percent YoY at Rs.3,508 crore and consolidated operating profit growth of 10 percent YoY at Rs.499 crore for the quarter.
- The consolidated gross margin contracted by 240 bps YoY to 38 percent.
- The lower staff cost or other expenses drove a 60bps contraction in EBITDA margin to 15.5 percent.
- The company delivered robust top-line growth of 15 percent and mid-single-digit volume growth.
- Britannia Industries' total expenses were at Rs.3,085.45 crore in the fourth quarter of the last fiscal.
“In this quarter, we delivered a robust top-line growth of 15 percent and a mid-single-digit volume growth which demonstrates the resilience of our brands and a reflection of our execution strengths across divisions & channels,” Varun Berry, MD of Britannia Industries said.
He also said the company continued to accelerate its rural journey focusing on enhancing its reach and sustaining its diligent market practices.
“Our growth in organized trade channels remained robust, wherein revenues from eCommerce doubled over last year,” Berry said. He also said the economy was impacted by global geopolitical factors which caused the further surge in inflation in Q4.
“We continued to take price increases judiciously and remained aggressive on the cost front. In these challenging circumstances, our operating profits for the quarter grew by 10 percent and over a 24-month period, by 23 percent,” Berry added.
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Start Investing Now!
Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins