GAIL Q4 Results 2022: Net profit grew by 41% for Q4FY22
On 27th May 2022, GAIL announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2022.
- Revenue from Operations for the quarter ended on 31st March 22 increased by 73% to Rs. 26,968 crore as compared to Rs. 15,549 crore in the corresponding period of the previous year.
- PBT registered a growth of 36% to Rs. 3,546 crore in Q4 FY22 as against Rs. 2,612 crore during Q4 FY21.
- PAT increased by 41 % to Rs. 2,683 crore in Q4 FY22 as against Rs. 1,908 crore in Q4 FY21 mainly on account of improved gas marketing spread and better product prices.
- GAIL (India) Limited recorded 62% increase in Revenue from Operations to Rs. 91,646 crore in FY22 as against Rs. 56,738 crore in FY21
- Profit before Tax (PBT) increased by 113% to Rs. 13,590 in FY 22 crore as against Rs. 6,386 crore in FY21.
- The Profit after Tax (PAT) increased by 112% to Rs. 10,364 crore in FY22 as against Rs. 4,890 crore in FY21 mainly because of increased gas marketing and transmission volume, better gas marketing spread, and higher product prices.
Mr. Manoj Jain, CMD GAIL informed that this is the highest yearly financial result on all the three parameters ever reported by the company. GAIL has incurred a Capex of Rs. 7,738 crore mainly on Pipelines, Petrochemicals, Equity to JVs, etc. GAIL's spending on CSR during the year is 3% against the mandate spend of 2%. GAIL has paid a Dividend of Rs. 3,996 crore (@ Rs. 9/share), in addition, GAIL Board has recommended Final Dividend @Rs.1/share subject to the approval of Shareholders, which makes the total Dividend for the FY 2021-22 to Rs.4,440 crore, which is the highest ever by GAIL. Besides this, Buyback of Shares amounting to Rs. 1,083 crore has already been approved.
He stated that GAIL had awarded a contract to set up India's largest Electrolyser to produce Hydrogen. He further added Company is also tying up new gas sources to meet the emerging gas demand in the Domestic market and continue its footprints in International Market. The Company has also embarked upon alternate energies like green hydrogen, renewables, and bio-fuels projects which are of national importance and would likely provide a transition to the future.
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Start Investing Now!
Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins