Cello World IPO Allotment Status
Quick take on Cello World Ltd IPO
The IPO of Cello world opened on 30th October 2023 and closed for subscription on 01st November 2023. Cello World Ltd has a face value of ₹5 per share while the price band for the book building IPO has been set in the range of ₹617 to ₹648. The IPO of Cello World Ltd is entirely an offer for sale, with no fresh issue component. The offer for sale (OFS) portion of the IPO comprises the sale of 2,93,20,987 shares (293.21 lakh shares approximately), which at the upper price band of ₹648 per share will translate into an offer for sale (OFS) size of ₹1,900 crore. The entire offer for sale (OFS is being made by the promoter group; spread across 6 promoter shareholders. Since there is no fresh issue component in the IPO, the overall IPO size will comprise only of the OFS. Thus, the total IPO will also entail the sale of 2,93,20,987 shares (293.21 lakh shares approximately), which at the upper price band of ₹648 per share will translate into a total IPO issue size of ₹1,900 crore.
The IPO of Cello World Ltd was overall subscribed 38.90 times, with the maximum subscription coming from the QIB, which got subscribed 108.57 times. While the HNI / NII segment got subscribed at a healthy clip of 24.42 times, the retail portion got subscribed at a more modest 3.06 times. Most of the QIB subscriptions came in on the last day of the IPO, which is the norm. The IPO was open for 3 days, as is the normal practice in most IPOs. The price band for the IPO was ₹617 to ₹648, and looking at the response, it looks fairly likely that the price discovery would eventually happen at the upper end of the band.
Cello World Ltd IPO Allotment Status Date
The first step for checking the allotment status of the IPO online is the completion of the basis of allotment of Cello World Ltd. The basis of allotment will be finalized late on 06th November 2023. The refunds will be initiated by the company on 07th November 2023. The demat credits are expected to also happen on 08th November 2023 while the listing of the stock on the NSE and the BSE will happen on 09th November 2023. In between there was a weekend and a holiday so the allotment status gets delayed by a couple of days. However, it looks like the companies are keen to adhere to the new SEBI norm of T+3 listing. That is voluntary as of now but will become mandatory as of the start of December 2023, so most IPO issuers are getting fully prepared for the new system.
If you have applied for the IPO, you can check your allotment status online. You can either check your allotment status on the BSE website or the IPO registrar, Link Intime India Private Limited. Here are the steps.
Check the Allotment Status of Cello World Ltd
This is a facility available to all mainboard IPOs, irrespective of who the registrar to the issue is. You can still access the allotment status on the website of BSE India as under. Visit the BSE link for the IPO allotment by clicking on the link below.
Once you reach the page, here are the steps to follow.
- Under Issue Type – Select Equity Option
- Under Issue Name – Select Cello World Ltd from the drop down box
- Enter the Application Number exactly as in the acknowledgement slip
- Enter the PAN (10-digit alphanumeric) number
- Once this is done, you need to click on the Captcha to verify that you are not a robot
- Finally click on the Search Button
In the past, while checking the allotment status on the BSE website, it was necessary to input the PAN number and the application Number. However, now BSE has modified the requirements and it is sufficient if you enter any one of these parameters.
The allotment status will be displayed on the screen in front of you informing about the number of shares of Cello World Ltd allotted into your demat account. It is always advisable to save a screenshot of the allotment status output for subsequently verifying with the demat account credits on or after 08th November 2023.
Cello World Ltd IPO Registrars
Registrar to IPO: Link Intime India Private Limited
There are three things to remember. Firstly, you can just click on the hyper link given above and directly go to the allotment checking page. The second option, in case you are not able to click on the link, is to copy the link and paste in your web browser. Thirdly, there also a way to access this page via the home page of Link Intime India Private Ltd by clicking on the Public Issues link displayed prominently on the home page. It all works the same.
This dropdown will only show the active IPOs, so once the allotment status is finalized, you can select Cello World Ltd from the drop-down box. In the case of Cello World Ltd, data access will be allowed late on 06th of November 2023 or by middle of 07th of November 2023.
There are 4 options available to you and you will find these 4 options on the above access page itself. You can either access the allotment status based on PAN or Application Number or DPID / Client ID combination or based on the combination of the bank account / IFSC code used to apply for the IPO. You can select any one of the options that is preferred and provide the details accordingly.
- If you opt for the PAN Number access, then enter the 10 character income tax permanent account number (PAN). This is an alphanumeric code available either on your PAN card or on top of your income tax return.
- The second option is to use the Application Number that you used while making an application for the IPO. The application number is available on the acknowledgement provided to you and you can use that as one of the options to access allotment status.
- The third option is to use the DPID-Client ID combination. Remember that here you have to enter the DP id and the demat client id together as one single string. This DPID / Client ID combination is a numeric figure for CDSL demat accounts while it is an alphanumeric string for NSDL demat accounts. This combination of DP ID / Client ID of your demat account will be available in your demat statement or you can also get it online from your online trading account or trading app downloaded on the smart phone.
- The fourth option is to query based on the combination of your bank account number and IFSC number and irrespective of how many bank accounts you have, only use the bank account used for this particular IPO application. Once you click on this option, you find two boxes. First, enter your bank account number as it is. Secondly, enter the 11-character IFSC code, which is available on your cheque book. The first 4 characters of the IFSC code are alphabets and the last 7 characters are numeric. IFSC is an abbreviation for Indian Financial System Code and is unique to each account.
- Finally, click on the Search button
The IPO status with number of shares of Cello World Ltd allotted will be displayed on the screen in front of you. You can take a screenshot of the output page for your records. The same can be verified with the demat account on 08th November 2023 or after that. The stock is expected to list on 09th November 2023. The only question now is, what determines chances of allocation in the IPO? It boils down to allocation quota and subscription levels.
Cello World Ltd IPO Subscription Status
The table below captures the quota allocated to various categories, in terms of the number of shares and also the percentage of the total share capital raised. For investors it is the quota for the retail and the HNI that really matters.
|Investor Category||Total Allocation in the IPO|
|Employee shares Offered||Up to 1,70,357 shares (0.58% of the issue)|
|Anchor Shares Offered||Up to 87,49,999 shares (29.83% of the issue)|
|QIB Shares Offered||Up to 58,33,334 shares (19.88% of the issue)|
|Retail Shares Offered||Up to 1,02,08,333 shares (34.80% of the issue)|
|HNI / NII Shares Offered||Up to 43,75,000 shares (14.91% of the issue)|
|Total Shares on offer||Total of 2,93,37,023 shares (100.00% of the issue)|
The next thing to look at is the extent of subscription. The table below captures the extent of oversubscription for each of the categories as well as the overall subscription for Cello World Ltd.
|Qualified Institutional Buyers (QIB)||108.57 Times|
|S (HNI) ₹2 lakhs to ₹10 lakhs||16.10|
|B (HNI) Above ₹10 lakhs||28.58|
|Non Institutional Investors (NII)||22.42 Times|
|Retail Individuals||3.06 Times|
The response to the IPO of Cello World Ltd was strong overall, although it was modest for the retail portion. The retail subscription of 3.06 times gives a good opportunity of allotment in the IPO since the SEBI norms on retail IPO allotment is to allot the basic lot size to as many unique investors as possible. The same can be checked using the allotment checking modus operandi explained above.