|Dr Reddy's Labs||Pharmaceuticals||Equity||5.56%|
|J B Chem & Pharm||Pharmaceuticals||Equity||3.74%|
|Pharmaceuticals & Biotech||76.14%|
|Healthcare Equipment & Su||0.25%|
|Cash & Others||0.21%|
|Exit Load||1% if redeemed or switchd out on or efore completion of 1 Months from the date of allotment of units. NIl if redeemed or switched out after the completion of 1 Months from the date of allotment of units.|
The Nippon India Pharma Fund is an equity scheme investing in the pharma sector. It was launched on 5th June 2004 by Nippon India Mutual Fund.
The Nippon India Pharma Fund distributes its investments across pharmaceuticals and biotechnology, and healthcare services companies of the pharma sector. It is managed by Sailesh Raj Bhan.
The primary investment objective of the scheme is to seek to generate consistent returns by investing in equity and equity-related or fixed-income securities of companies in the pharmaceutical and related industries. It aims to achieve its objective by investing in companies that meet criteria such as strong management, established performance history, growth potential, and favourable industry economic conditions.
The Nippon India Pharma Fund invests at least 80% of its assets in equity and related instruments. It has the flexibility to invest up to 20% of its assets in debt, money market instruments, REITs, and InvITs.
Pros & Cons
|Since its inception, the Nippon India Pharma Fund’s annualised returns have consistently beaten its category average and benchmark, the S&P BSE Healthcare TRI.||The Nippon India Pharma Fund has a higher beta and standard deviation than its category average, indicating volatility.|
|It has delivered higher alpha in the past three years than its benchmark and category average, indicating superior performance.||As a sector-specific scheme, it limits its investment universe to companies in the pharmaceutical sector, potentially reducing the opportunity for diversification and increasing the risk of an over-concentrated portfolio.|
|The scheme has demonstrated a better Sharpe ratio than the category average in the last three years, showcasing its ability to generate higher returns per unit of risk.||The scheme is tailored for long-term investments, with its strategy and growth prospects aligned for a multi-year time horizon. Therefore, investors must be willing to hold the scheme for an extended period.|
How to invest in Nippon India Pharma Fund?
5paisa makes it simple and convenient for users to invest in the Nippon India Pharma Fund Direct-Growth. The procedure is straightforward, can be finished quickly, and does not include any paperwork at any point. Invest a few minutes in carrying out the steps listed below:
Step 1: Log in to your 5Paisa Account. If you do not have one, register and create a new 5Paisa account in 3 easy steps. Alternatively, you can download the 5Paisa app on your smartphone for Android or IOS and log in from your device.
Step 2: Search for the Nippon India Mutual Fund scheme that you want to invest in
Step 3: Select the option that is apt for your requirement and risk appetite
Step 4: Select the investment type – SIP (Systematic Investment Plan) or Lumpsum
Step 5: Input the amount that you’d like to invest and proceed with payment by clicking on the ‘Invest Now’ button
That’s it! This sums up the investment process. Once your payment is successful, you can see the Nippon India Mutual Fund reflected in your 5Paisa account in 3-4 working days. If you have selected the SIP option, the chosen amount will get deducted every month starting from the date you have made the payment.
What is the expense ratio of the Nippon India Pharma Fund?
When referring to the Nippon India Pharma Fund Direct-Growth or any other mutual fund, the word “Expense Ratio” refers to the fund’s annual operating expenses as a percentage of its total assets, which can impact a scheme’s returns for investors. A lower expense ratio usually means the fund is less costly and may generate higher returns for the investors.
Who should invest in Nippon India Pharma Fund?
The Nippon India Pharma Fund is ideal for investors seeking long-term capital appreciation and investment in equity and equity-related securities of pharma and related companies. Investors looking to include a focused pharma sector investment in their overall asset allocation strategy should consider this scheme.
The scheme has exceeded the performance of the S&P BSE Healthcare TRI since its inception, with a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of around 15.4% over the same period, highlighting its annualised growth performance.
The Nippon India Pharma Fund is ideal for those with a long-term investment strategy and a willingness to accept very high levels of risk. It is suitable for investors who have a keen understanding of macro trends and are looking for high-return investments. This fund is not recommended for those who prefer short-term or risk-averse options. Investors should be prepared to hold the scheme for a minimum of 2 to 3 years and must understand that there may be losses even in favourable market conditions.
What are the benefits of investing in the Nippon India Pharma Fund?
● The Nippon India Pharma Fund offers the advantage of having a concentrated portfolio of pharmaceutical companies, increasing the potential for generating alpha and achieving long-term wealth creation.
● The scheme has consistently outperformed its benchmark and category average since its inception, delivering a CAGR of around 15.4%.
● It invests in the pharmaceutical sector, characterised by low capital requirements and strong cash flows, thereby reducing the impact of overall market fluctuations.
● The pharma and healthcare segment is poised for multiple years of steady growth, driven by factors such as increasing domestic demand, boosted exports, stabilising US markets, growth in healthcare services, and insurance penetration.
● The Nippon India Pharma Fund offers a comprehensive investment opportunity, with holdings across key pharmaceutical industry segments, including domestic and international companies, branded and generic drugs, and contract research and manufacturing.
● It adopts a structured approach to managing investment risk, including ongoing market and economic analysis, research investments, and bonds and debentures assigned investment grade ratings by approved rating agencies.
Sailesh Raj Bhan
- Fund Name
- Fund Size
- 3Y Returns
- ICICI Pru Infrastructure Fund – Direct Growth
33.5%Fund Size - 2,986
46.2%Fund Size - 2,986
21%Fund Size - 2,986
- Franklin Build India Fund – Direct Growth
31.3%Fund Size - 1,506
41.8%Fund Size - 1,506
19.2%Fund Size - 1,506
- LIC MF Infrastructure Fund – Direct Growth
24%Fund Size - 116
36%Fund Size - 116
18.6%Fund Size - 116
- Franklin India Opportunities Fund – Direct Growth
26.2%Fund Size - 1,177
29.7%Fund Size - 1,177
16.9%Fund Size - 1,177
- ICICI Pru Banking & Financial Services – Dir Growth
14.7%Fund Size - 6,740
28.4%Fund Size - 6,740
12.7%Fund Size - 6,740
AMC Contact Details
Frequently Asked Questions
How to invest in Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth ?
- Login to your 5paisa account, Go to the Mutual Funds section.
- Search for Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth in the search box.
- Click on "Start SIP" if you wish to do a SIP or click on “One-time” if you wish to invest a lumpsum amount then click on "Invest Now"
What is the NAV of Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth ?
How to redeem Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth holding ?
What is the minimum sip amount of Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth?
What are the top sectors Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth has invested in?
- Pharmaceuticals & Biotech - 76.14%
- Healthcare Services - 17.26%
- Retailing - 3.41%
- Debt - 2.73%
- Healthcare Equipment & Su - 0.25%
Can I make investments in both the SIP and Lump Sum schemes of Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth?
How much returns have Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth generated ?
What is the expense ratio of Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth ?
What is the AUM of Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth?
What are the top stock holdings of Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth?
How can I redeem my investments in Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth?
Step 2: Log in to your account by adding Folio No. and M-Pin
Step 3: Click on Widhrawal > Redemption
Step 4: Select Nippon India Pharma Fund – Direct Growth in Scheme, enter the redemption amount, and click on submit button.