Coal India Q4 Results 2022: Net profit grew by 46.32% for Q4FY22
On 25th May 2022, Coal India announced its quarterly results for the last quarter of FY2022.
- The company's revenue from operations rose 22.49% to Rs.32706.77 crore in the quarter under review from Rs.26700.14 crore in the same quarter last fiscal.
- The company's total income rose 23.53% to Rs.34495.71 crore in the quarter under review from Rs.27924.57 crore in the same quarter last fiscal
- Coal India reported a net profit of Rs.6715 crore from Rs.4588.96 crore in Q4FY21, a decline by 46.32%
- The company's revenue from operations rose 21.86% to Rs.109713.50 crore in FY22 from Rs.90026.01 crore in FY21.
- The company's total income rose 21.16% to Rs.113618.02 crore in FY22 from Rs.93768.84 crore in FY21
- Coal India reported a net profit of Rs.17378.42 crore from Rs.12702.17 crore in Q4FY21, a growth by 36.814%
- The company increased its production of coal by 2.8% on the year and 27.6 % on quarter to 109 million tons (MT) of coal during the quarter.
- For the full-year period, the production at 622.63 MT was higher by 4.4% over FY21.
- The total offtake during the quarter at 180.25 MT was higher by 9.3% year on year and 3.7% sequentially. For the full-year period, the offtake of 661.89 MT was higher by 15.2% from last year.
- The company sold 150.11 MT of coal under the fuel supply agreement (FSA) at an average price of Rs.1,474.4 per ton. 27.65 MT of coal was sold under the e-auction process which fetched a price of Rs.2,434.2 per ton, thereby resulting in the total average realization of Rs.1,623.7 per ton.
- The quantity of washed coal (coking) sold during the quarter stood at 0.54 MT at an average realization of Rs.7,996.7 per ton while 1.67 MT of washed coal (non-coking) was sold at an average realization of Rs.2,168 per ton. The average realization for the total washed coal sold came in at Rs.3,595 per ton.
- The sale of other by-products during the quarter was 1.1 MT at an average realization of Rs.3,543.9 per ton.
- The costs were more or less stable for the company, however, the higher cost of stripping activity made an impact of 4% on the growth in PAT for the quarter.
The Board of Directors had recommended payment of Final Dividend for the financial year 2021-22 @ Rs.3/- per share of the face value of Rs.101.
About the Author
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading is subject to market risk, past performance doesn’t guarantee future performance. The risk of trading/investment loss in securities markets can be substantial. Also, the above report is compiled from data available on public platforms.
Start Investing Now!
Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins