Investment of Rs 1 lakh in this textile stock would have given you Rs 4.03 lakh in a year!

Investment of Rs 1 lakh in this textile stock would have given you Rs 4.03 lakh in a year!

by 5paisa Research Team Last Updated: Dec 14, 2022 - 07:16 am 41k Views

The stock, which was trading at Rs 175.01 on 5 January 2021, closed at Rs 705.55 on 4 January 2022. It has a 52-week high and low of Rs 720.85 and Rs 169.80, respectively.

K.P.R Mill Ltd is one of the largest vertically integrated company, whose business interests span across Yarn, Fabrics, Garments and White Crystal Sugar. This company’s stock has turned into a multibagger by providing exceptional returns of 300% within one year.

The company boasts of having highly automated business operations with access to cutting-edge technology equipment and tools. With exports to 60 countries across the globe, its textile portfolio comprises varieties such as readymade knitted apparel; fabrics; compact, melange, carded, polyester and combed yarn.

Talking about the manufacturing capacity, in November 2021, the company successfully commissioned a new 42 million garments production capacity at Chengapally, Tamil Nadu, taking the total Garment manufacturing capacity to 157 million garments per annum.

Also, the company has made some strategic investments in Wind Power Projects & Co-gen plants for captive consumption and reducing power costs. At present, the total wind power capacity stands at 61.92 MW, which fulfils 60% of the textile power requirement. And the 40 MW Co-Gen Power Project has enabled the company to meet its substantial power requirement throughout the year.

Currently, the company is undertaking the expansion of its sugar, Co-gen and ethanol production capacity with 10,000 TCD, 47 MW and 230 KLPD respectively.

Looking at the performance in H1FY22, the company earned 67% of the total revenues from the domestic business while the rest 33% of the revenues were accounted for by exports. During this period, the top line of the company went up by 44.5% to Rs 2,166.30 crore while the bottom line went up by 137.38% YoY to Rs 410.29 crore.

At 1.52 pm, the share price of K.P.R Mill Ltd was trading at Rs 707.45, an increase of 0.27% from the previous day’s closing price of Rs 705.55 on BSE.

How do you rate this article?


Start Investing in 5 mins*

Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage

About the Author

Our research team is composed of some highly qualified research professionals, their expertise range across sectors.

Open Free Demat Account

Resend OTP
Please Enter OTP
Account belongs to

By proceeding, you agree to the T&C.

Latest News
Sahana Systems IPO GMP (Grey Market Premium)

Sahana Systems IPO worth ₹32.74 crore comprises entirely of a fresh issue of shares by the company. The price band has been fixed in the range of ₹132 to ₹135.

  • Jun 09, 2023
What you must know about HMA Agro Industries IPO

HMA Agro Industries Ltd was incorporated in the year 2008 as a star export house to deal in food trade. It is a food trade company that basically handles a variety of agricultural product exports including the predominant exports of frozen fresh de-glanded buffalo meat.

  • Jun 09, 2023
Spectrum Talent Management IPO GMP (Grey Market Premium)

Spectrum Talent Management IPO worth ₹105.14 crore, comprises entirely of a combination of a fresh issue of shares and an offer for sale (OFS) by promoters and early shareholders.

  • Jun 09, 2023

Start Investing Now!

Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins

Enter Valid Mobile Number