This smallcap rice specialist is trading in green amid market slowdown

This smallcap rice specialist is trading in green amid market slowdown

by 5paisa Research Team Last Updated: Dec 13, 2022 - 04:56 pm 35.5k Views
Listen icon

Stock rallies over 2% on acquiring US rice brand. 

LT Foods Ltd (Daawat) has been trending in the packaged food sector as it has rallied by over 2% when Sensex has fallen by 1.4%. The share has been trading in the green territory today. The scrip opened at Rs 67.50 and made a day’s high of Rs 68.95. At 12:05 pm today, the stock is trading at Rs 67.20, up by 2.13% on the BSE.

After the market hours yesterday, Daawat announced that its subsidiary LT Foods Americas Inc. (LTFA) has acquired a 51% stake in US-based Golden Star Trading Inc along with its brand Golden Star. It also possesses a call option on the remaining 49% stake at the end of three years. LTFA contributes about 35% to Daawat’s consolidated revenues and is popular for its rice brand ‘Royal’ in North America. Golden Star is one of the leading brands in the jasmine rice market. With its acquisition, LTFA can further strengthen its position in North America.

Talking about its recent quarterly results, in Q3FY22, revenue grew by 21.26% YoY to Rs 1368.22 crore from Rs 1128.35 crore in Q3FY21. On a sequential basis, the top-line was up by 3.67%. PBIDT (Ex OI) was reported at Rs 150.55 crore, up by 9.9% as compared to the year-ago period and the corresponding margin was reported at 11 per cent, contracting by 114 basis points YoY. PAT was reported at Rs 78.19 crore, up by 11.88% from Rs 69.89 crore in the same quarter for the previous fiscal year. The PAT margin stood at 5.71% in Q3FY22 contracting from 6.19% in Q3FY21.

LT Foods is a leading rice-based food company with strong global brands of basmati and other speciality rice, organic foods and rice-based convenience products. The stock has a 52-week high of Rs 90.40 and a 52-week low of Rs 54.05.

Share Market Today


How do you rate this article?

Start Investing in 5 mins*

Rs. 20 Flat Per Order | 0% Brokerage

378X91-D3

About the Author

Our research team is composed of some highly qualified research professionals, their expertise range across sectors.


Enjoy 0%* Brokerage with 5paisa
Resend OTP
Please Enter OTP
Mobile No. belongs to

By proceeding, you agree to the T&C.

Latest News
What you must know about Ramdevbaba Solvent IPO?

Ramdevbaba Solvent has set the price band of ₹80-85 per share, with a face value of ₹10. Retail investors' lot sizes are set at 1,600 shares each. Retail investors can make a minimum investment of ₹1,36,000 for a single lot or multiples thereof.

TCS Impresses with Record Wins: Analysts Bullish on Double-Digit Growth

Despite all of the positives from the March quarter, TCS' management looked to be holding back on calling for a growth recovery, according to UBS. Given the unclear macroeconomic, the brokerage appears to be concerned about the danger of transaction deferments and slippages.

Sensex, Nifty down 1% on Iran-Israel tensions; consolidation to continue

Title: Sensex, Nifty slip 1% over Iran-Israel conflict worries; consolidation to continue Sensex, Nifty slip 1% over Iran-Israel conflict worries; consolidation to continue