Want to invest like the much loved celebrities? Lets take a peek into their portfolios
Nykaa’s blockbuster listing on stock market made many investors millionaires, among these investors there are a few well known celebrities like Katrina Kaif and Alia Bhatt who reaped over 10X benefits on their investments. Katrina Kaif entered into a joint venture with the company way back in 2018, to set up Nykaa-KK beauty. According to the DRHP, she invested around Rs.2.04 crores in Nykaa which has now increased substantially to Rs.22 crore as per Wednesday’s closing price.
Alia Bhatt had also invested Rs.4.95 crore in the parent company of Nykaa- FSN E-commerce ventures, in July 2020. This investment is now worth a whopping Rs.54 crore. She also holds a minority stake in a Mumbai based fashion tech startup called StyleCracker.
This is just one of the examples of our much loved celebrities investing wisely. Lets look at a few more:
1. Amitabh Bachchan- One of the most loved celebrities of all times, Amitabh Bachchan made a huge profit of 46 times his investment in the company Justdial in 2013. He didn’t stop there, the actor went on to invest in other low profile companies. He currently holds 1.49% stake in Birla Pacific Medspa (16,75,000 shares). The actor has invested in Fineotex Chemical and holds a stake of 3.97%, that is around 4,45,482 equity shares. He had increased his holding by 0.07% when the stock price was lower by 15%. Bachchan also has a holding of 2.3% (5,50,000 shares) in Mand B Switchgears and 1.71% stake in Neuland Labs, consisting of 92,530 shares.
2. Very recently, Kareena Kapoor Khan also announced that she has partnered with Instagram so as to rescue a Ahmedabad based small business called myBageecha.
3. Veteran actor Suniel Shetty has always been known as a serial investor in startups. His most recent investment was in Sai Estate Management and Skills Institute, in June 2020. He also invested in startups like the Kochi based Veiroots, Fittr (now backed by Sequioa Capital India’s Surge) and a Pune based startup called Squats.
4. One of the most loved actresses in recent years, Deepika Padukone, has investmented in a learning and community platform called FrontRow. As of now, the company has raised around $3.2 million through initial investments from various investors like Lightspeed and Elevation and Deepika Padukone’s Family Office. The young actress forayed into the investment world in 2019 through her investment in Drums Food International, the parent company of the well known brand, Epigamia. Her portfolio also contains brands like Purplle and BluSmart.
5. Cricketers like Yuvraj Singh and Shikhar Dhawan aren’t far behind. It has been reported that they have invested Wellversed and SARVA, this year itself.
6. Virat Kohli has invested in multiple companies to date, including Mobile Premier League, and online gaming platform and Digit Insurance.
About the Author
Start Investing Now!
Open Free Demat Account in 5 mins