Stock in Action: NBCC (India) Ltd.
Movement of the Day
Strengths - Strong Momentum: Price above short, medium and long term moving averages from 5days to 200 simple moving averages respectively.
Rationale Behind the Surge
A memorandum of agreement has been signed between NBCC and the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI). The planning, designing, and construction of ICAI's buildings, as well as renovation projects in several Indian sites, have been granted. The work will be finished by NBCC for a PMC fee equal to 6.5 percent of the project's total cost.
Income Statement Analysis
1. Revenue: The company's revenue is increasing every year by 13.7% YoY. This is generally positive, indicating business growth and potentially effective sales strategies.
2. Net Profit: The net profit is increasing by 18.9% YoY, which is a good sign. It suggests that the company is effectively managing its expenses and operations to generate higher profits.
3. Operating Profit Margin: The annual increase of 46.8% in the operating profit margin is a strong indicator of improved operational efficiency. This may be due to cost-cutting measures or increased productivity.
Balance Sheet Analysis
1. Total Assets: The annual decrease in total assets is faster than historical averages. This could indicate that the company is divesting or selling off assets. It might be a strategic move to streamline operations or focus on core business areas.
2. Total Shareholders’ Funds: The stable growth in total shareholders' funds compared to historical averages is a positive sign. It suggests that the company is maintaining a healthy equity base, possibly through retained earnings or successful fundraising.
Working Capital Analysis
Working Capital: The working capital is falling slower than historical averages. This might suggest that the company is managing its short-term liabilities well, but a very slow decrease could indicate potential inefficiencies in working capital management.
Cash Flow Analysis
1. Cash from Operating Activity: The falling trend in cash from operating activities is faster than historical averages. This may raise concerns about the company's ability to generate cash from its core business. Possible reasons could include increased operating expenses or delayed receivables.
2. Cash from Investing Activity: The higher growth in cash from investing activities compared to historical averages could be a result of successful investment strategies or divestment of non-core assets.
3. Cash from Financing Activity: Stable growth in cash from financing activities indicates a consistent approach to raising capital. This could include loans, issuing bonds, or other financing methods.
4. Net Cash Flow: The falling trend in net cash flow is faster than historical averages. This might indicate challenges in maintaining positive cash flows, potentially impacting the company's liquidity.
In summary, while increasing revenue, net profit, and operating profit margin are positive signs, the falling trends in total assets, falling net cash flow, and faster-than-average decreases in some working capital components and cash from operating activities require careful scrutiny. It's essential to understand the underlying reasons behind these trends and assess whether they align with the company's strategic objectives and industry dynamics.
DisclaimerInvestment/Trading in securities Market is subject to market risk, past performance is not a guarantee of future performance. The risk of loss in trading and investment in Securities markets including Equites and Derivatives can be substantial.
About the Bharat Highways InVIT IPO The IPO of Bharat Highways Infrastructure Investment Trust InvIT was open from February 28th, 2024 to March 01st, 2024; both days inclusive. The Bharat Highways InvIT IPO has a book building price band in the range of ₹98 to ₹100 per share. The IPO of Bharat Highways Infrastructure Investment Trust InvIT will be entirely a fresh issue of shares.
- Mar 04, 2024Read More
In the week gone by, Nifty traded with higher volatility as the index corrected during mid-week upto 21860, but it then witnessed a smart recovery to register new record high and the index ended the week just below 22400 with weekly gains of three-fourth of a percent.
- Mar 02, 2024Read More